Thumbnail Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwhatty

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
"Emily Anne"
Vessel Make
2001 Island Gypsy 32 Europa (Hull #146)
Within the last couple of days I have noticed that when I click on a thumbnail picture in a post it does not enlarge but instead I just get a black text box with a white border describing the picture. Is this just me or is there a problem?

next time it happens can you post a link to the specific thread or post where it happens?

Janet, while you are at it could you please fix up my boat mirror in the aft cabin, it appears to be distorting badly. Instead of the George Clooney like reflection I was expecting, there was this bad tempered old bloke scowling at me, gave me quite a fright. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• boat slip 018.JPG
    boat slip 018.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 127
Janet, while you are at it could you please fix up my boat mirror in the aft cabin, it appears to be distorting badly. Instead of the George Clooney like reflection I was expecting, there was this bad tempered old bloke scowling at me, gave me quite a fright. :rolleyes:

Same here, but I was expecting my usual young Robert Redford reflection.

Thats what happens when you clean the mirror!!!!

Looks fine to me.... Not crazy about the hat though.

Attachments

• boat slip 019.jpg
    boat slip 019.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 119
Dave--- Your fog photo expands fine for me. This particular computer right now is a PC with Windows.

Dave--- Your fog photo expands fine for me. This particular computer right now is a PC with Windows.

Must be setting on mine then. Thanks Marin.

Weird. TF thumbnails open in Internet Explorer. Thumbnails on other websites open okay in Firefox. Also, just found that I can open TF thumbnails by right clicking and choosing to open it in another tab or window. But if I just double click on one, I get what is shown below.

Attachments

• Scrnpnt.jpg
    Scrnpnt.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 120
I assume you've tried all the usual suspects---- thrown out preferences, deleted cookies, history, etc.?

I assume you've tried all the usual suspects---- thrown out preferences, deleted cookies, history, etc.?

Yup. Although the fix is probably something stupidly simple that I have not tried.

Thank you Janet. Tried all those and still a problem. I can llive with it but it is head scratching.
David, I use Firefox and it opens fine - you don't double click on the thumbnail, just click once is all....maybe that's it..?

David, I use Firefox and it opens fine - you don't double click on the thumbnail, just click once is all....maybe that's it..?

You are correct on one click but that's not it.

What version of Firefox?

Janet:

Finally found it. It was an obscure setting in AdBlock plus. Why it only started affecting TF thumbnails recently is puzzling. But all is now fine. Thanks.

Glad you found it.... whew, I'm exhausted ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom