Sunrise in Friday Harbor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice shot of a polar bear in a snowstorm. I didn't realize they ranged that far south.

Took this picture about 30 minutes ago.

How is the retired life? I have 18 momths, 14 days and about 6 hours :flowers:

So are you now moored in Friday Harbor? The boat looks great. :thumb:

Great to hear/see from you.

You can see if the picture was uploaded by hitting preview first.

Yep, that usually how Friday Harbour looks on foggy morning. :Do

Last edited:
Ok,Ok, When I realized the picture did not post I cancelled but I quess it still went thru. I'm working on it. Hi Phil.

Let's try this again

The sun really did try to come out this morning.

Attachments

• friday harbor 006.jpg
    friday harbor 006.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 126
Nice shot! We need to come back up to FH for a few days. We'll try to get our friends Mike and Sharon on their DeFever 54 m/v Lilliwaup to join us. Would be cool to see your boats/sisterships moored together.

I took this Friday Harbor Sunrise in August

We have a theme: Friday Harbor Sunrises as viewed from DeFevers!

DSC_6781_sunrise_friday_har.sized.jpg

Bawoooooa. That is really worth getting up early for.

Darren, I have been in contact with a Michael McGouran the past few weeks. He has just bought a 54 Defever and I think has it in Port Ludlow. Is this the same person you are speaking of? Russ

OK, I'll play.

Sunrise, leaving our cruising area Pittwater, heading down to Sydney Harbour. I had just made the crew Bacon & Egg rolls and coffee.

Attachments

• 244.jpg
    244.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Sunrise pics? I hope the weather following the preceding sunrises wasn't as bad as the weather following this one.

Attachments

• DSCF0360 copy.jpg
    DSCF0360 copy.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 85
Took this about ten minutes ago while anchored just north of Albemarle Sound, NC.

Attachments

• IMG_2558.jpg
    IMG_2558.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 89
Nice thread better than economics or what did ya break!

While not Winter Harbour, it is winter.

Here's Zain, our 3/4 Pyrenees 1/4 Lab bush dog. He's got webbed feet from his mom, so he'll be our auxiliary get home engine. I'll just put on his pulling harness and chuck him off the bow :D

Attachments

• Winter Sunrise Zain.jpg
    Winter Sunrise Zain.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 85
dvd the bar has been raised again. That's the best sunrise pic here. I was going to say something about being tied w bobc but your pic is probably good enough for "Our World". For those that have never heard of Our World get click'in if you like really awesome photography. And many of the pics in Our World are taken in places I've never heard of. Most are though so viewing Our World is very much a geography lesson as well. Take a look. The first time you look you'll be struck down w awe.

img_116831_0_7dbfb132829246c5ddc6494fdf1c774a.jpg

Sunrise over the Thorofare, Tangier Island, VA

Lest anyone think those Photoshopped Friday Harbor sunrise shots are typical of reality up here, HERE is an un-retouched shot of PNW reality. Taken moments ago with this iPad it shows Bellingham Bay on a normal, crappy, 25-knot windy, rainy day. There is a break in the overcast out over the Olympic Mountains, just enough to let you know there is a sun above the overcast but its rays will never hit you. If you come here bring lots of vitamin D tablets.

image-1481128006.jpg

OK, I'll play.

Sunrise, leaving our cruising area Pittwater, heading down to Sydney Harbour. I had just made the crew Bacon & Egg rolls and coffee.
Nice pic Andy. Barrenjoey Head to starboard, Lion Isl. ahead. Looks like a great day to head south down the coast to Sydney.

Another one? Well if you insist :rolleyes:

Great things these little I phones.

Attachments

• 242.jpg
    242.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 77
These are really nice photos. Here is one sunrise from last summer taken at Fisherman's Bay Lopez Island . It is a short hop from Friday Harbor. Don't see the sun much here in the Great PNW.

Attachments

• J_Beatty__IMG_8908.jpg
    J_Beatty__IMG_8908.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 84
Sunrise, leaving our cruising area Pittwater, heading down to Sydney
Please excuse the hijack.
Andy, if you need a mooring in Sydney mine is free, on the Lane Cove River. Doriana is still at the shipwright. PM me for directions if you want to use it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom