AC repair in Tampa Bay area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmylie

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Zachary David
Vessel Make
Marine trader, Pilot House 35
Hello My all, My ac unit has quit working and I need to find a tech to look at it for me. Can anyone recommend someone in the Tampa Bay area. The unit is a Arctic Marine Air 29K btu reverse cycle. Unfortunately it appears the company may no longer be in business. Thanks in advance. David:)

We were working in S Pasadena yesterday after being referred by Terry Clarke. He's located in the south St Pete area.

Do you have contact information?

Terry Clarke Marine Service, LLC

Sorry phone number is not handy.

Where are you being hauled?

Thanks I'll look it up. Not being hauled, I'm in the water at Pasadena Marina.

Unfortunately it appears the company may no longer be in business.

This is seldom a problem as most air cond are simply assembled from stock parts.

The base or cover may be propiertary , but the compressor and all the rest will usually be OTS (off the shelf) from the local supplier.

This is seldom a problem as most air cond are simply assembled from stock parts.

The base or cover may be propiertary , but the compressor and all the rest will usually be OTS (off the shelf) from the local supplier.

My only reason for wanting to deal with the manufacturer was that they replaced the compressor in Feb 2012

Call : Brad 727-492-2622. I believe he is recommend by Active Captain. I used his company but Bill came out. Did a good job too.

I have a Marine Airrr unit. I've called the company and they helped me self diagnose several problems. If you can find the manufacturer I would call and see if they can help first.

The compressor on my marine air recently failed, called the marine air dealer. New compressor cost $735 My air cond tech said the looks like the same compressor used in small 110volt condos systems It was the excatly the same Cost $320 from local aircond supply store

The compressor on my marine air recently failed, called the marine air dealer. New compressor cost $735 My air cond tech said the looks like the same compressor used in small 110volt condos systems It was the excatly the same Cost $320 from local aircond supply store

The A/C guy has to make money someplace. He can't do his own teak because he has to come and fix your boat. So how is he going to pay the Varnish guy to keep his teak up if he can't overcharge you? :angel:

The A/C guy has to make money someplace. He can't do his own teak because he has to come and fix your boat. So how is he going to pay the Varnish guy to keep his teak up if he can't overcharge you? :angel:
Actually it was not the service guy rather the marine air dealer :banghead:

Last summer the TRIAC switch on both AC's burned out as a result of a faulty plug on the marina power post...voltage spikes. Found the web site www.marine-ac.com , which was very helpful in trouble shooting the problem. TRIAC switch from a Cruisair dealer was $30-40. Same switch from an on line electronics house was about $9. I'm fine with them marking up parts, but please don't rip me off.

Update

Thanks to everyone for their replies. Spoke with Terry who referred me to Jamie from Gulfcoast Marine AC. Jamie came out and confirmed my worse fears. Bad compressor. Jamie was able to install a reconditioned Cruiseair of the same size for less than the cost of a new compressor on the old unit. If you are looking for AC repair in the Tampa St Pete area call Jamie at Gulfcoast. Great guy and great service.

[FONT=&quot]You can probably check out any well known local HVAC service providers who can help you in getting over the problems your ac unit is facing. You need to regularly clean out filters of your ac unit to ensure its smooth functioning. You can easily search for any heating repair or HVAC service provider listings on the internet also.[/FONT]

Have a hard start kit installed as it will help compressor start in a low voltage , or short cycle situation. Also a time delay in t'stat or in circuit.

Back
Top Bottom