Looking for Short-Term Covered Slip, Dates Flexible- Poulsbo/Bainbridge/Kingston Area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AKMary

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Kingfisher
Vessel Make
1974 Meridian Yachts Pilothouse 48
Hi Folks,
Longtime lurker, new member here. I recently moved onto an older 48' Pilothouse that, of course, needs a bit of work done. I'd love to rent/sublet someone's covered slip to keep the weather out while we repair windows and such. My dates are flexible and I'd be interested in anything from a week to 2 months. My boat guy is based out of the Bainbridge area and we'd consider anything within reasonable driving distance.

Interested? I believe you can email me through the forum (let me know if it doesn't work). And please pass this info along if you know of someone who might like to earn some beer $$ from a short-term rental.

Thanks for your help and also thank you for the invaluable advice I've discovered here on the Trawler Forum.

Mary

There are occasionally boahouses that can be sublet or rented in Squalicum Marina in Bellingham. We know people who have done this to get a month or so to do or finish exterior projects on their boat. Bellingham is probably farther than you want to go but if you want of find out more I suggest calling the Port of Bellingham, Squalicum Marina.

Try posting on Craigslist. We found short term winter moorage in Vancouver BC once that way. Also, talk to some of the big yards such as Seaview. They may have customers who are out of the water who have covered moorage. Know anyone who is a member of the Seattle Yacht Club? Lots of members with covered slips.

Contact the Poulsbo Yacht Club- they may have exactly what you are looking for.

Winter time its tough. In the warmer weather people stsart to move the boats around. Everett has a lot of vacancy's about 20%. 425-259-6001.

Thank you all for your responses. Here's the status:

Everett = No Vacancies
PYC = No go
Craigslist ad = posted
AKMary = Now contemplating taking the boat to a restoration/repair facility (maybe Baggett & Sons in Bellingham) and just having all the major work completed under cover, in one fell swoop. I'll start a new thread about this idea but if you're reading this and can recommend a facility, or offer a review of Baggett & Sons, please reply or PM me.

Thanks again!

Thank you all for your responses. Here's the status:

Everett = No Vacancies
PYC = No go
Craigslist ad = posted
AKMary = Now contemplating taking the boat to a restoration/repair facility (maybe Baggett & Sons in Bellingham) and just having all the major work completed under cover, in one fell swoop. I'll start a new thread about this idea but if you're reading this and can recommend a facility, or offer a review of Baggett & Sons, please reply or PM me.

Thanks again!

Last night I saw that some of you requested the Puget Sound yard listing for the Puget Sound. However this morning they are not there. So please send me a new Person email with you private email address. you can send to rw58ph@yahoo.com .

I also have a listing of all marinas in the Puget Sound.

Last edited:
Did you try LaConner?

I don't think LaConner allows live aboards. Several of the Everett Live aboards came from LaConner and they way they were treated/notified/evicted.:nonono: The marina/city changed policy and gave 30 day notice. I would be very careful about moving to LaConner. :confused:

Everett had the same grand idea, before the economy change. They original did not allow live aboard in the new North marina and grand father existing in the old South. Their grand plan fell through, so they are allowing live a boards in the north but when the economy changes, I think they will go back to the grand plan again.

One of the big concerns about being a live aboard is that the city/marina can change the plans/rule/regulation and give you a 30 day notice. Live aboard do not have the same right as people living on the dirt!

Last edited:
I believe you can only stay on your boat 15 nights a month..... But La Conner has immediate openings.

Back
Top Bottom