Seats (looking for swivel barrel seats)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bensjoy

Vessel Name
REFUGE
Vessel Make
Performance Trawler 35
I'm looking for a source for small size swivel barrel seats for boats

Last edited by a moderator:
I, too, would like to find a source of small boat-sized barrel chairs. I'd like to put one in our main saloon. Our neighbors recently bought two for their DeFever 54, but I can't remember where they got them. I'll ask and let you know. But finding a source with different selections would be nice.

We looked for over a year and finally ran across one at a local furniture shop that seemed about the right size. We bought one, hoping to have room for two but no such luck. It JUST fit through the door and is a comfortable size. I'll take a look at it and see what brand it is. We had seen some likely candidates in the home decorators collection catalog.

Do you have the wicker chair that came with the boat (OME)?

Has anyone run across this particular chair in their travels?

Salon chairs.jpg

I would love to see one in person or get the name of the builder.

Last edited:
We are looking for the same small, tan, swivel chairs and cannot find them anywhere. IKEA does not presently carry one. We check the catalog and the showroom. I do believe they refresh their styles so that may change. We got a pompanette catalog at the lauderdale show while shopping for a new helm chair and I saw these in it Pompanette LLC.
It also is available in the tan swivel version, which is what we are looking for. But the price.....no, I don't think so. Or maybe that is the price for half a dozen of them.

I've found the following three sources for barrel chairs located in Florida:
Glastop.com
Braddenhall.com
custommarinefurniture.com

On the WEB do a search for Captain Bar Stools. Hundreds to choise from. :socool:

Phil Fill;
I'll check sights that you suggested but I am looking for barrel chairs not bar stools.

Phil Fill;
I'll check sights that you suggested but I am looking for barrel chairs not bar stools.

Sorry! :blush: I read it wrong as we are thinking about replace with captain swivel bar stools/chair that can also be use in the pilot house. We found the Captain Swivel Stool with cushions are a bit smaller, higher to see out the window and are comfortable. :flowers:

Last edited:
Rooms To Go had barrel chairs over the weekend for 188.00 a peice! Probably black friday pricing, but check their website!

Yeah, that's kind of what I am looking for, thanks. They are all plastic, thus the $188. It literally change price from $188 to $288 as I was looking at it! Still, if it were leather, that would be a great price. We will keep an eye on them, maybe a tan leather version might come through between now and spring.

Also www . glastop . com has marine furniture and barrel chairs specifically. No pricing that I could find.....but marine sized.

I finally checked my chair-- no brand name, just a made in china tag. It's just over 30" arm to arm and just under that front to back. A little to big to fit two in the pt 35 saloon. Happy hunting.

We found 2 of the tan Grandin Road Rebecca chairs in stock at their outlet store and got them for $188 each. We did have to go and pick them up (1.5 hours away). Very nice quality chair (read the reviews) and exactly what we have been looking for if a small barrel chair is what you want. They fit very nicely under my a$$ in the cabin of our 350 Mainship.

Thanks for the input.

We are going to visit glastop as they have RV chairs that will offer more.

An RV recliner is frequently built so the chair can be against a wall and to slide forward to recline.

I love recliners , but in our RV the floor is not flat (wheel well intrudes) .

From what we can see in the photos it might be possible to modify the base to work, only a visit with a tape will know for sure.

Not many boats have our non flat floor hassles , but small space does not mean no recliner.
Flexsteel is another source for smaller than dirt house sized furniture.

Though not a barrel style chair, I did find a very comfortable swivel chair with an aluminum frame and removable indoor/outdoor cushions at LOWES. The dimensions are 27" deep by 23" wide. The model name is EASTMORLAND by Garden Treasures, part #MW3252SR, Item#402137. Cost is $168 for two. I plan to buy a pair.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom