Guam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
boatgm does. I remember because he has a great boat name. Carabao.

I lived there years ago (the 90s). There wasn't a lot of marinas, yards or used boats back then. Try to get to the military bases. The most boats for sale I found were down in the Sumay marina at Apra Harbor. Might get a deal from a military member leaving island.

I visited Guam last year (spring of 2011) and spent a couple of day driving around seeing some of the sights. I saw very, very few private "yachts" in Apra Harbor. Most of the "recreational" boats were sport fishers and charter operators. My impression was that there were not a big used boat market on the island. It will be interesting to hear about what you find.

I live in Pago Bay. Guam is a hard place to keep a boat.
The typhoons are strong and common.
I would enjoy showing you around but am on my boat till after Christmas.
There is a group of traditional boat builders near the Baseball stadium, they meet on Saturdays and are friendly folks, the Marianas yacht club is also a great place for a meal and some boat talk.

al scalabrin
http://islandcarabao.com/

Fun thing to do.
Every Saturday, Guam Boonie Stompers offers public hikes to a variety of destinations such as beaches, snorkeling sites, waterfalls, mountains, caves, latte sites, and World War II sites. We meet at 9 a.m. in the center court of Chamorro Village in Hagåtña. The cost is $2 for hikers over 12.

http://php.guampdn.com/sites/explore/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=350:boonie-stomps&catid=1:latest-news

if you are looking for used boats in the area I think Hong Kong is a good place to look.

Last edited:
Al, thanks for the great information. We'll be there until Sunday night late, then back January 11th only to change planes back to Kwajalein.

Bill

so far so good, just got in from a 800 mile trip and plan to go back out right behine this typhoon

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom