Can you help me ID this shower sump pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyWright

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
FlyWright
Vessel Make
1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
My shower sump runs but doesn't pump water. (The top pump, not the Jabsco raw water washdown pump below it.) I'll check for clogged lines, but I'm also trying to identify the pump for possible rebuild parts. It's a diaphram type pump with no markings and looks like it might be original (circa 1977). Does it look familiar?

Of course, this also gives me the chance to clean up these wire runs and poor splices in the area of the pumps.

img_111242_0_a4d1dae3cadb2e62d2126152460c3c4f.jpg

img_111242_1_6cc78bdf8a37e82137c9a3adca9eafe1.jpg

Looks like an old Jabsco. Try pumpvendor.com, West marine, Defender, etc.

Flywright--- You are probably well aware of this, but if you elect to replace the pump the one most recommended by people I know like the managers of the big GB charter fleet in our marina is the Whale Gulper. Like the pump you have now, it is a diaphragm pump and as such does not clog with things like hair, sand, etc.

Diaphram pumps usually fail at the inlet valve.

Open the pump and see what is causing the valve not to seal .

An easy to clean filter before of the pump is highly desirable

Update:

Pulled the pump and could easily blow through the inlet and outlet hoses. so I brought the pump home for further disassembly. Today, I found the inlet valve diaphram had been sucked into the body of the pump. As a test, I reinstalled the valve diaphram and the pump operates normally. I have ordered the rebuild kit for under $50 from here. I should have it back together and fully operational by Thanksgiving. Sure beats buying a new pump!

Thanks for your help in IDing the pump, guys! You helped me save $200!

http://www.marinepartssource.com/ne...hower Drain Pump Service Kit&mfgno=37182-0000

The rebuild kit arrived today with new valves, diaphram, pulsation dampener and crank arm. Within 30 mins, the pump was opened, cleaned, and rebuilt. I tested it poolside with a jumpstart battery pack and it's pumping stronger and quieter than it has since I owned it.

I should have it reinstalled in the boat this weekend. Always happy to save a couple of boat bucks. Thanks for the assist!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom