• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: 38' Defever Tri Cabin Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

COMMOCEAN

38' Defever Tri Cabin Trawler for sale by owner. Hull built in 1978 and repowered in 1984 with single Isuzu 135 HP diesel. Interior remodeled in 2010 with granite countertops in master stateroom and bathroom, and marble in shower. Kubota diesel generator powers AC/Heat, 37" flatscreen TV, stove, microwave, etc... while on the hook. Many extras included, like dinghy with 3.5 Mercury 4 stroke motor and underwater transom lights. This boat is turn-key and ready to cruise!

Change in plans with family and obligations to work are forcing me to sell!

Asking 65,000 OBO. Boat is located in Biloxi, MS.

Attachments

• DSCN0215.jpg
    DSCN0215.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 670
  • RSCN0224.jpg
    RSCN0224.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 571
  • DSCN0242.jpg
    DSCN0242.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 538
  • DSCN0246.jpg
    DSCN0246.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 545
  • DSCN0251.jpg
    DSCN0251.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 492
  • DSCN0250.jpg
    DSCN0250.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 546
  • Underwater Lights Biloxi Harbor.jpg
    Underwater Lights Biloxi Harbor.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 526
Hello All,

My 38' trawler is still for sale for anyone interested in a reliable single engine boat. Price Reduced! She shows well and is ready to cruise - reasonable offers considered!

Fuel Consumption

What kind of fuel burn/range do yu have with that single engine? I am looking for the largest most economical boat I can get.

I get about 1.5 GPH at 1800 RPM cruise speed (7 knots). Range at this speed and with 10% fuel in reserve is about 1680 NM.

The 5.5 kW generator burns about 1/2 GPH. Range with the generator running and 10% fuel in reserve is about 1260 NM.

The boat has freezer boxes to keep food cold for extended trips, so there is really no need to run the generator while underway unless AC/Heat in the cabin is desired. The boat has an invertor to generate AC power for small appliances if desired.

UPDATE: Price reduced even further! Motivated Seller-moving and boat must go!!

Newly renovated forward area Spring 2012 with new hardwood floor, wall-lighting, wall coverings, paint, and pillows! Fresh cabin paint inside and out, new fiberglass and non-skid applied to aft deck area-- just finished 11/2012. Recently repaired and resewn fly-bridge canvas October 2012, recovered salon cushions 2011 as well. Windows replaced new in 2009 and all hatches resealed 2012 with NO LEAKS!! Decks are in great shape with no leaks. All appliances are in great working order and will stay with boat. Many extra creature comforts as she has been a live aboard for the last 4 years. Great boat and great price!! Mechanically in great condition, low hours on engines, and complete maintenance service done last week. Must see her to appreciate! All offers welcome!!

Now this DF is the DF I really like. I think it actually is close to being a full disp boat/hull. Let's see a pic of her aft end below the WL. Even if not it's the nicest DF I've ever seen. And Isuzu is my first engine choice.

Looks like the YW listing's been updated since I looked at your thread a few days ago... (they spelled Biloxi right) and more pics. Nice looking boat.

This is my first post, but I've been hanging out and reading threads for several months here. Great stuff. Your Defever looks real nice and if the time frame was a little different, I would come down to see it. If still available in the coming months once my finances are in order, we may get a chance to talk after-all. Great looking Defever, I to am interested in seeing the hull. I believe it's near full displacement.

Thanks for the comments. Current asking price is only 59K!

Below are a few additional pictures of the hull taken during the last haul out. The hull does have flatter sections aft, but hull speed is achieved easily at 1500 RPM. Easy on the engine & very low fuel consumption, so also easy on the wallet.

Attachments

• DSCN0272.jpg
    DSCN0272.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 377
  • DSCN0273.jpg
    DSCN0273.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 333
  • DSCN0274.jpg
    DSCN0274.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 331
Trawler is still for sale. Under the right circumstances I would be able to assist with relocating the boat to Florida or Atlantic SouthEast coast.

Your boat is beautiful but not within my price range. I run a boat leasing company in Chicago and am looking for boats that are within $20,000 to $30,000 dollars in price range. Let me know if you are interested otherwise good luck.

I sold this boat for Clay a few months ago. Sorry guys you missed a good one.

Back
Top Bottom