Old 11-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #70
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchaser View Post
Art

Not too fast now. Some years ago I made an offer on a 1988 Tolly 44. During survey over 100 blisters were found between a dime and quarter in size. Running from that vessel I had a 1992 Tolly 48 go through survey. There were about 20 good sized blisters around the struts. Walked from that one too not only due to blisters but FRP issues in the side decks. I love Tollycraft but they are not free of FRP issues..
That may well be true for late 80’s and 90’s Tollycraft... reminds me of Uniflite boats; in that mine having been a 1973 model was the last year before Uni began to experience blisters from mid 1974 onward for many years due to resin mix alterations. So... our 1977 Tolly and other Tollys I know with no blisters are all in early 70’s to early 80’s. Might be that during later years Tollycraft build-outs also utilized FG materials that would eventually blister. But, our 77 Tolly and the other Tolly owners I chat with who own older Tollycrafts experience no accountable blisters that I know of.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote