Anchor roller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awpptdt

Vessel Name
Donnchaidh
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 40' sedan
I am looking for a anchor roller like the one on my Marine trader. I wish to carry two anchors on rollers rather than one on the roller and one on the deck as in the past.
If I can not find one I will sell the one that I have to help fund the purchase of two new ones. It is 31.5 inches long and 3 inches wide.

MVC-009L.JPG MVC-010L.JPG

I saw one very much like this at West Marine the other day and am sure you could order one from their online cataloge

Yes, I saw it too, but not close enough. I'll get two new ones if my search comes up empty. Thanks for the reply.

Try Fishers Supply http://www.fisheriessupply.com/anchor-rollers. If you can not find one that fits, then I would buy two cheap/short rollers and take them to a fabrication shop and have the rollers mounted on to SS U shape channel. I had the Eagle anchor roller extended so the anchor was further away from the bow.

When you own an old boat, it usuly mean you find something close and then modify it to fit. :thumb:

I don't know what your schedule is but after Sandy you may have some options with time and a little work. After the 2004 hurricane season, used boat parts were readily available on the East Coast. Find the guys the insurance companies are selling the totaled boats to. The used parts stores bid/buy the totaled boats for marketable hardware. You never know.

If you can not find one that fits, then I would buy two cheap/short rollers and take them to a fabrication shop and have the rollers mounted on to SS U shape channel,

For a boat that uses a bow eye to take the anchor loads , this might be an option.

For most where the working anchor will be use with the bow roller it MUST be robust and have rollers with a sufficient diameter to not damage the line..

Depending how high the bow is and the scope a large down force must be resisted by the roller assembly.

Just think, would I hang my car from the roller setup??

Just think, would I hang my car from the roller setup??

That is a very good thought!:thumb:

I'm am always amazed at how little attention most boaters pay to their ground tackle. I know people that do not even carry an anchor cause it takes up room

Don't overlook that the roller must at times take extreme side loads.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom