How TF informed my post Sandy experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scarletbison

Veteran Member
Just wanted to let you all know that while I'm not a boat owner, many of the things I've learned while reading TF, have helped me in my 5 days (so far) of no power post Sandy. Things like alternating watch hours between my wife and I during the height of the storm, to Generator power management/maintenance , to just the new daily routine of getting up at first light, starting the generator for few hours of hot coffee, heat and communication, to cooking on a propane camp stove (and safety rules with that since I'm using a 20 lb tank and adapter from Coleman.). To sitting and reading by the window, and getting together in our house, since we have heat, for dinner and some wine with all the neighbors we can fit. It may be while before we have a boat now, as the jersey shore areas rebuild, but I wanted to say thanks to all who've contributed their experiences to this forum. - scarlet bison

That's nice to ear!

I hope you get your trawler soon!

I'm in NYC right now, working in the NY state emergency operations center. Seems like gas stations are coming back online fairly quickly. My company is bringing hundreds of light towers, generators, pumps for dewatering tunnels, etc. and the manpower to deploy all that.

Keith said:
I'm in NYC right now, working in the NY state emergency operations center. Seems like gas stations are coming back online fairly quickly. My company is bringing hundreds of light towers, generators, pumps for dewatering tunnels, etc. and the manpower to deploy all that.

Keith , thanks so much for you and your co workers. This area hasn't ever seen the devastating effects of a storm like Sandy so many people were caught unprepared. But like other parts of this great country we are strong of heart and mind, and will rebuild.

Scarlet, I bought my boat after a fire but don't think the hurricane won't make some deals available on some damaged boats. Good luck in your recovery.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom