45' Northwest 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drmnj

I'm in contract to purchase a 45' Northwest trawler and getting it surveyed the end of this month. Does anyone out there have any knowledge of this trawler? Only 3 were made in Washington state.
Thanks

As the builder of this boat, I would be happy to answer any and all questions but probably should do so offline as this forum is not for commercial use and I don't want to wear out my welcome. ;)

As the builder of this boat, I would be happy to answer any and all questions but probably should do so offline as this forum is not for commercial use and I don't want to wear out my welcome. ;)

Well done, Peter. (As well as your boats and the video!) However, none of the links I have to your website are working. I found a blog, and tried the redirect link there, but it didn't work either...

Darren,

Did you try the link below my signature? I just checked and the website is up and running.....

pw

I have been on the NW trawlers at boat shows in the PNW. Also I have met Peter. Both boat and man are worthy. But as always, on a used boat it comes down to PO's diligence in keeping up mechanical, electrical and finish areas.

I have recently been on high end 3 year old boats that were visibly poorly maintained and not worth making offers on since obvious owner malfeasance and lapses would only compound themselves in the unseen areas. And I've been on 25 year old vessels that are pristine. Hopefully the 45NW is in the latter category

Peter -

It must be something specific to your site on my end. Just tried it again and all I see in the address bar is "about:blank". Tries loading something for a a bit then I get a "Problem loading page", and "The connection has timed out. The server at northwestyachts.com is taking too long to respond". Same thing happens when I try the links to your site off ours.

All other web pages/links I access are loading. Anyone else on this forum able to access Peter's site?

The link works for me Peter.

BTW, Peter's company also handles the Island Gypsy line of boats.

Works on my iPad. Nice site by the way.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler

Greetings,
Mr. Moonfish. Link works for me on the east coast. Saaayyyy, are you by any chance related to Mr. Marin?

Last edited:
I'm in contract to purchase a 45' Northwest trawler and getting it surveyed the end of this month. Does anyone out there have any knowledge of this trawler? Only 3 were made in Washington state.
Thanks

Lucky you :)

I have never been on one ,but they look comparable to the Selene's
I did a quick check on yachtworld and the only thing missing from the equipment is active stabilizers, which depending on your style of crusing may be a good add-on
I have run both Nordhavns and Selenes and as soon as I clear the harbour I turn on the Naiad's to keep the china from rattling :)

Thanks
Half yer luck mate, beautiful craft by the look of the video on their web-site...Yes MF, the link/s work for me too, I'm in Australia.
I'm just sorry my pockets are not deep enough to buy and maintain such a beaut vessel :(

Bill
Australia

Last edited:
Stray-Cat said:

I have never been on one ,but they look comparable to the Selene's
I did a quick check on yachtworld and the only thing missing from the equipment is active stabilizers, which depending on your style of crusing may be a good add-on
I have run both Nordhavns and Selenes and as soon as I clear the harbour I turn on the Naiad's to keep the china from rattling :)

Thanks, I plan on putting on Tack stabilizers.

expat said:
worked for me and I am in the great white North

Do u own a45' Northwest? If so how long have you had it and do u have stabilizers? Thanks

For Peter's sake I'm glad the links work for everyone. He is obviously concerned that the links do not work for me. We have PM'd and emailed specifics regarding browsers, computers, etc. Afterall, I would certainly want to know if my website was not working for some reason!

NW Yachts Website

The links don't work for me with IE8, but do work when browsing with Google Chrome. I am in WA state, and I have met Mr. Marin and read one of his books if that helps troubleshooting. Bill

Very nice. Great website too.

I don't believe Steve Seaton has ever penned an ugly yacht.

The world can more pretty boats.

:)

As per the builders site:

10 - Control Systems

• Kobelt hydraulic steering system
  • Electronic engine controls
  • ABT Bow Thruster 10 hp Hydraulic
  • ABT Stabilizers
  • BAT drive hydraulic "get home" system

As per the builders site:

10 - Control Systems

• Kobelt hydraulic steering system
  • Electronic engine controls
  • ABT Bow Thruster 10 hp Hydraulic
  • ABT Stabilizers
  • BAT drive hydraulic "get home" system

Just so there is no confusion. The above information is for Nor'wester which is for sale here in the Pacific Northwest. The boat that the OP referred to is The Path, another Northwest 45 located in Annapolis, MD.

Very nice. Great website too.

I don't believe Steve Seaton has ever penned an ugly yacht.

The world can more pretty boats.

Certainly a fine looking boat. As is "Argos", referenced in another thread about circumnavigation.

Just so there is no confusion. The above information is for Nor'wester which is for sale here in the Pacific Northwest. The boat that the OP referred to is The Path, another Northwest 45 located in Annapolis, MD.

Got it. Thanks.

Also the factory site works better in Chrome than IE7. The drop down boxes under models do not open in IE7.

Thank you JD and others for letting me know that our site was not working in Internet Explorer. I have investigated and found a faulty plug-in on our site. Removed it and hopefully it is working for all now.

Thank you JD and others for letting me know that our site was not working in Internet Explorer. I have investigated and found a faulty plug-in on our site. Removed it and hopefully it is working for all now.

Glad to help. Great looking boats.

Links work for me in West Marin County, SF Bay Area. Real nice boats! ;)

I know this is a 2-1/2 year old thread but I was wondering if the OP went through with this purchase? This NW yacht seems to be on sale now on Yachtworld so either he didn't buy or he bought and just kept it for a couple years and now selling. If so, just curious of the reason for selling.
I had been looking around at boats in this size range and just noticed NW in a magazine, it is a beautiful product!

The Path is in Florida running charters and training, but as you mentioned it is actively for sale.

Kevin
Portland, OR

Back
Top Bottom