Old 11-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #59
psneeld
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoF1 View Post
I understand your expertise, however, there is more to it than us just finding the solution that you feel is right (seeing that you have not offered it up and just tell us to go find it), it's that we trust a) the majority decision from others that have had the same experience and b) the opinion of the experts in the yard.

There are some systems I need to become an expert on because I will be doing regular repairs on them and there are others that I do not. That doesn't mean I go into it blindly, but it does mean that I have a little faith in the chosen experts.

We have weighed our options. This boat does not need to last another 30 years, nor do I believe that any solution is permanent. We have a rough looking bottom and need to clean it up. For many years, grinding out and filling with resin has proven to be an adequate solution. I think that by now, if there were widespread issues, the industry would not still be offering it. This is the right solution at the right price for us.

I appreciate your input, Scott.

Tom-
Without seeing your boat...I wouldn't dare give a final opinion...the several times I've posted drails of my findings/solution WITH LINKS of other professional inputs...I've been overposted so bad by the "don't worry, be happy" and the "fill them blisters and just go sailing" types that the details just get lost...

I learned a long time ago if you want someones input you can really relate to....you PM them...keeps the internet hecklers at bay....
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote