What...no Woodsong Avitar Trophy 2012?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now this seems to be a highly speculative bribe... Will there ever be a next boat?!?

It might even be a Bayliner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuggetabout Vito Moonstruck. I got dirt on him that he don't want nobody to know....and I mean NOBODY!!! Don't make me go public, Moonman!! You leave Tony to me. (Love ya like a brother, Tony!)

Last edited:
Think I'm out of the running. Change my avatar one-thirtieth as often as underwear. :ermm:

It might even be a Bayliner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuggetabout Vito Moonstruck. I got dirt on him that he don't want nobody to know....and I mean NOBODY!!! Don't make me go public, Moonman!! You leave Tony to me. (Love ya like a brother, Tony!)

AL- if your "dirt" is threatening me again to tell my wife how much cash I actually have tied up in my boats right now I won't stand for these threats!!!!
:D As you know Rule 34.5 F through G of the Avatar Award clearly states that one cannot and SHALL not threaten to disclose actual monetary values dispensed upon boating endeavors to family or loved ones in an effort to procure a win!!!

Tony, it's all a big misunderstanding. I'd never spill the beans on you. You're like Family! I'd never violate Rule 34.5 F through G!! Foggetaboutit.

It's that no-good bum, Moonstruck. He's the one who's trouble. Even that dark hull looks sinister. I bet he even wakes Monks! And in his business, when he wakes someone, it ain't sayin' good morning sweetheart, ifyknowwhatimean!

Tony, it's all a big misunderstanding. I'd never spill the beans on you. You're like Family! I'd never violate Rule 34.5 F through G!! Foggetaboutit.

It's that no-good bum, Moonstruck. He's the one who's trouble. Even that dark hull looks sinister. I bet he even wakes Monks! And in his business, when he wakes someone, it ain't sayin' good morning sweetheart, ifyknowwhatimean!

Watch it there Flywright, or you may be getting a visit from some of my West Coast connections. We don't wake people. We kinda put'em to sleep. ifyknowwhatimean!

Last edited:
So are we allowed to make suggestions?

Perhaps a poll.

Sd

Watch it there Flywright, or you may be getting a visit from some of my West Coast connections. We don't wake people. We kinda put'em to sleep. ifyknowwhatimean!

BRING IT ON, Moonie!! Any time, anywhere! But you better bring Lou with you 'cause you're gonna need the help.

Then maybe we could go out for a day on the boat together. Your boat or mine?

Ok but Woody seems to be procrastinating.:hide:
He is talking a lot but no action going on here.

I thought he may need a little help.

SD

Ok but Woody seems to be procrastinating.:hide:
He is talking a lot but no action going on here.

I thought he may need a little help.

SD

He's just a little nervous right now, but he'll get over it. IfyouknowwhatImean.

BRING IT ON, Moonie!! Any time, anywhere! But you better bring Lou with you 'cause you're gonna need the help.

Then maybe we could go out for a day on the boat together. Your boat or mine?

I am thinking about bringing Garrot Paulson with me. We'll uh "take" your boat.:angel:

When I google Garrot Paulson, I get her :eek:

7067360.bin

and her :smitten:

images

I say bring 'em both along.

When I google Garrot Paulson, I get her :eek:

7067360.bin

and her :smitten:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrvqZ1fdQ9JnRNMPkNwP1rVvhAd-xVPw1nl8MqFa3PQ_mtFyRiv4AuEH!

Here's a clue. It ain't no her, and he don't like being "googled"!

So are we allowed to make suggestions?

Perhaps a poll.

Sd

Skipper, if you refer to rule 2.54-A033.4 you will see that it clearly states that this is not a democratic process due to the fear it may become a popular vote swayed by the court of public opinion instead of adhering the design criteria and elements outlined in Addendum A, Section 1.5. Additionally, past processes have shown that opening it up to democratic vote severely, and I do mean severely, limits the ability for participants to offer bribes to the officiating judge and that severely hurts all interested parties and applicants and resulted in some past applicants being entirely thrown out of the contest and none of us want to go down that unfortunate road again I am sure.

Now that Al has clarified his threats and indicates he is not attempting to violate Rule 34.5 F through G related to releasing data as to monies spent upon boating and boats, the committee has decided to allow his entry to remain in place, but I must admit, it was not a decision made without a lot of discussion between myself and the rest of the governing committee. The committee is currently voicing concerns over Moonstruck's antagonistic behavior and feel it contributed to Flywright's brush with Rule 34.5 F through G, thus the stay of execution in this instance.

Applications and submittal of bribes are still open for a bit longer as we feel there are other submittals, and specifically, other bribes that should be forthcoming very soon.

Despite multiple brushes with circumnavigating the rules and governing guidelines thus far in this year's contest for Avatar Greatness, we feel this year's contest will be even better than last. We certainly are anticipatory that at least the bribes will be superlative this year over last year. Moonstruck, the committee asked me to remind you that you particularly are capable of delivering an acceptable bribe due to being located in our personal home waters of the tennessee river. :) However, the committee did also indicate that your avatar would look much better should it happen to have the bayliner logo instead of that cheap Sabre logo. :D

Last edited:
I see. Would a bribe submitted in the name of another be in violation of rule 34.5 F through G.
Or would that constitute a breach of protocol as the afore mentioned bribe would not be for myself in particular but for someone I personally have chosen as a possible candidate?

I remain at you service.

By the way as you may remember I do a little commercial fishing for Alaska spot shrimp. What are your thoughts on the aforementioned crustaceans.

I know it was stated rum and other invibments are acceptable but I also own a commercial bakery and produce a large assortment of cookies

Sd

Last edited:
RT, please submit the address at which your baby is freeing you so happily of your cash investments.

Skipper, yes, bribes may be submitted "in honor of" as stated in Section 12.9001A "Honorable Mention Bribes." Do be sure to fill out form G5001.4 for it to be appropriately filed. Note, just as with last year, email submittals of said form are now allowed, though it is always best to include an original copy of the form with the bribe just to make sure nothing gets lost due to the amount of paperwork already being processed. You are also correct in that freshly caught seafood (must be edible), baked good, and other such yummy treats (man cannot live on rum alone though some have tried) are acceptable bribes though I would still encourage libations to be included with the goodies as to keep one's appetite wet so to speak. A diversity of offerings is allowed and generally encouraged (yes, this is one of our "unspoken" rules that have not yet made it into the official Governing Body Handbook and Code Of Conduct) as long as said offerings does not consist of A) any fruit of the month club, B) and cheese of the month club, C) fruitcakes of any type or assortment. Note that really the only "of the month club" type offerings generally deemed acceptable include wine of the month, rum of the month, or other such similar "of the month" offerings. Note that a "fresh caught seafood of the month" type offering has not yet been received and would most likely be considered a premium offering, at least that seemed to be the general consensus of the governing committee when it was last discussed.

Al, the committee would like to thank you for the electronic copy of your potential offering. However, they feel they owe it to you to at least show you the offering that Moonstruck delivered to our corporate office last year when things got heated just prior to the final vote. You may want to consider this and let us know if you would like to submit any adjustments to your offering utilizing Offering Correction Form 5002H.

Attachments

• money room.jpg
    money room.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 71
So when are you visiting to enjoy our bribe of fine rum?!?

Susan, Sorry for our delayed response on this inquiry. It is noted in the handbook, as I am sure you are well aware, that bribes must be delivered to the home address of the officiating judge, or travel arrangements provided for the judge. Travel arrangements can include either A) airline ticket- obviously first class if it is going to meet the offering criteria, B) Water taxi in a vessel of not less than 47' in length, preferably 70' or greater with an accompanying attending staff and chef, or C) sufficient funds, in addition to the offering funds, for the officiating judge to do the great loop route from judge's home port to visiting port.
Please let us know which method you prefer to utilize. Option C is frequently "unofficially" considered the best route to success by the way. :D

Travel arrangements can include either A) airline ticket- obviously first class if it is going to meet the offering criteria, B) Water taxi in a vessel of not less than 47' in length, preferably 70' or greater with an accompanying attending staff and chef, or C) sufficient funds, in addition to the offering funds, for the officiating judge to do the great loop route from judge's home port to visiting port.
Please let us know which method you prefer to utilize. Option C is frequently "unofficially" considered the best route to success by the way. :D

Well... although 'sufficient funds to do the great loop route to visiting port' might be listed as the best route to success... I think that the water taxi option on a vessel of not less then 47' is even better. As you know, our vessel is exactly 47 feet, and I think that a plan to travel in our wonderful vessel to your location and then to our home here in Canada ... well what more could you want... but of course there is more... we would also make sure that you could enjoy that perfect rum drink (Dan's favourite as well) ... and with the perfect wines to accompany our oh so perfect meals ... well... heaven, I would think!

I think that the full moon is seriously and adversely affecting all of you.

I give! Like a hold-your-breath contest, I stayed in as long as possible. I just couldn't let my avatar remain in that state. You're right Moonstruck, I'm a shameless hussie, but even I have limits.

A good friend just presented me with this painting of FlyWright as a retirement gift and I just had to post it here. The picture was taken by Giggatoni on Mildred Island last summer and painted by Suzi Wahlborg. It's a great collaboration of two friends and I am very touched.

Thanks Ray and Suzy!!

img_111099_0_38a31edd93b9a5006b36b3d5488e8f2d.jpg

Last edited:
I give! Like a hold-your-breath contest, I stayed in as long as possible. I just couldn't let my avatar remain in that state. You're right Moonstruck, I'm a shameless hussie, but even I have limits.

A good friend just presented me with this painting of FlyWright as a retirement gift and I just had to post it here. The picture was taken by Giggatoni on Mildred Island last summer and painted by Suzi Wahlborg. It's a great collaboration of two friends and I am very touched.

Thanks Ray and Suzy!!

img_111115_0_38a31edd93b9a5006b36b3d5488e8f2d.jpg

Shameless hussie, indeed. Now he's trying to shame us in the sending retirement gifts. However, Al must have some redeeming qualities to receive such a nice gift. It shows that Flywright has at least 2 friends.:D

Congratulations on making it to retirement. Take a well deserved time for doing what you want.

Congratulations on your retirement, Al!

Remember to NOT set your alarm Monday.

I agree, Flyright. If someone went to the trouble of doing a painting of our boat, I'd be touched too. It's a neat gift. The question is, would it touch the Woodsong Memorial Committee.

I agree, Flyright. If someone went to the trouble of doing a painting of our boat, I'd be touched too. It's a neat gift. The question is, would it touch the Woodsong Memorial Committee.

One may surmise after all these posts the committee is indeed touched(in the head) :rolleyes:

Shameless hussie, indeed. Now he's trying to shame us in the sending retirement gifts. However, Al must have some redeeming qualities to receive such a nice gift. It shows that Flywright has at least 2 friends.:D

I used to have 3 friends, but did I tell you that my dog died? Now I'm jobless and dogless.

(shamelessly going for the pity vote)

Back
Top Bottom