wireless weather station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

troy994719

I have always wanted a Raymarine ST40 or ST60 wind speed instrument but really could not justify spending the money on one. Mainly I was interested in wind speed and not direction. Last week I picked up a wireless weather station and so far I have been pretty impressed. I got a cheaper model that just measures wind speed, temp, humidity and atmospheric pressure. It also measures wind gusts, wind chill and quite a few others.
I wasnt sure how it would fair in the salt air so I figured I would try out a cheap one.

It was some place in the range of $80 at Best Buy.
http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/9035/index.php

We have a Davis for about 12 years on the boat with no problems.* I also am interest in the wind speed and out side temp.* The cost about the same.

I just wrote a review of weather stations for DIY Boat Owner - www.diy-boat.com - and covered the LaCrosse and Davis untis. If you want it all, however, it's the Airmar PB100.

Cheers, Garrett

For a rag bagger a wind direction and speed meter is a useful item.

Doesn't save using yarn to observe sail trim , but could caution when to strike the light stuff.

For onboard weather inshore we simply use a 12v TV tuned to a local channel.

Tune down the sound and you get a good picture of the upcoming day .

Anyone have a recomendation for the converter box that will be required to feed our old analog TV next Feb 09 , when the TV goes digital?

You can get a couple of $40 off coupons at https://www.dtv2009.gov/. When they arrive, they will have a list of suppliers in your area and an equipment list. I think any of them work just about as well.

Go ahead and get one and hook it up. You'll instantly get better pictures and lots more channels, since the stations are already broadcasting in digital, and have 2-3 channels each.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom