Trawler Fest - Ft. Lauderdale vs Anacortes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OneofSix

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Always Home
Vessel Make
DeFever 47 POC
Good day mates!!

Newbie - lurker, here. We hope to do the AGL loop when husband retires. At least, start there.

Early next year Passagemaker folks sponsor the TrawlerFests. One in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl ( Feb 2013) and Anacortes, WA ( May 2013).

Your opinion... is there a difference between trawler fests ? East coast vs West Coast?

We want to get some education. Put some eyeballs on different kinds of boats judging size and livability. Husband is 6'3". Son is 6'5". Need space for these two big/tall gents. We live in Mid Arizona so the Anacortes would be closer and cheaper. BUT, would they have the same boat types?

Shows you how much I know about boats, huh? Please be kind. I am lurking and reading as much as I can from all you experts.

Thanks much!!

I'm thiking it would be best to go where you plan to cruise once you buy your boat. I have never been to Anacortes, I have been to Ft Lauderdale many times there are more boats than you can imagine around there.
Good luck
Steve W

Lots of boats at the Anacortes show too. I agree - go to the show where you plan to keep the boat. I've never been to the Ft. Lauderdale show so can't comment on it but I can say that PNW boating is different than Florida boating. The basic boats will be more or less the same but they will be equipped differently and the other attendees will have a different set of interests. That's the main value of an event like Trawlerfest - all the other boat people that you will meet and interact with.

Back
Top Bottom