View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #25
Animal

City: St Louis
Quote:
Originally Posted by knotheadcharters
It's been my dream since I joined the Navy to retire then cruise. I'm slowly getting there I have the boat that I want, a wife who is just as willing as me and a job that allows for the time, the ability to live anywhere and finances to make it happen. I'm in my early 40's but am on the right track. I wanted to do this as soon as I retired from the Navy but as we all got hit in '08 it left me a little short. The issue I have now is my 2 homes in Florida; I couldn't give them away let alone sell them so I shifted gears and will wait a few more years until I can at least sell one of them. after that we are GONE. I am only willing to wait two more years though. I don't want to wait until I'm 60 finally head out and relise it's not what I really want or I am unable to at 60 or don't make it to 60 as I still deploy and work in Afghanistan, nothing is guaranteed over here, so my timeline is short. Last year when my wife and I bought the Californian and sold our 32 bayliner we looked at each other and said "No more excuses we now have the boat we've wanted" I never thought we'd get a boat such as this as soon as we did so it made the pull to take off a little stronger. Our last boat was named "Bella Vita",beautiful life; so we named this on "Amar la Vida", living life. No thing to do now but cast off the lines and enjoy!
Thank you for your years of service! I hope your upcoming deployment aboard your Californian will be soon and as fulfilling as you imagined on all those previous deployments.
Animal is offline   Reply With Quote