Tennis anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve poole

Vessel Name
Meandering Joy
Vessel Make
Fleming 55
My wife and I hope to close this month on our first liveaboard. The surveys will be done next week. We plan to move the trawler from Baltimore to Jacksonville for the winter and then begin the Great Loop come spring. We are both avid tennis players and want to know if there are many stops along the way that have tennis courts and if any of you enjoy the same sport.

We also thimk it would be awesome if we could be at Worlds Fair Marina in Queens in September and walk from our boat to Aurther Ashe Stadium to see the US Open.

We would love to hear your thoughts.

Unless you plan to hussle through the loop, you'll never make it back up to NYC by September. And, you had better check on reservations for dock space for when you do.

Greetings,
My apologies to Mr. steve and welcome aboard. Please don't be put off about my "tennis" posting. If you've lurked here at all, you will indeed agree I am a bit of a sick puppy BUT I'm on heavy doses of strong medication on an hourly basis. Electro-shock therapy is self administered during electrical repairs of the vessel.
I don't think any of the cruising guides include tennis facilities as amenities or similar in port descriptions. Not being a tennis type I have no appreciation of what could be expected from "semi pros" such as yourselves. I would expect a search for suitable courts may entail getting in touch with each and every anticipated stop on the loop-a daunting task indeed.

There are a few stops with Tennis.

Shelter Cove Marina on Hilton Head Island

Long Boat Key Moorings near Sarasota

Treasure Island Yacht Club near St. Pete Beach

Jekyll Island Club at Jekyll Island, GA

If you have a yacht club membership, there are several yacht clubs with tennis.

Probably more, but all I can think of now.

You could always take your own :)

Attachments

• laurent perbos 2.jpeg
    laurent perbos 2.jpeg
    12.9 KB · Views: 118
Thank you to all who have posted. My wife Joy has a tennis addiction, I am merely a social tennis player. First things first. The survey on our hopeful boat is next Monday with the engine surveys on Tuesday. Please keep your fingers crossed that they go well for us. We are really excited about this change in our lives and looking forward to meeting many of you!
Steve and Joy

Welcome Steve. And Joy too. Go Dawgs. Although I believe they're going to Kentucky this weekend? They should win if they bother to get off the dang bus.

Back
Top Bottom