Replace Lehman fuel filters with different units?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meridian

Guru
Vessel Name
Meridian
Vessel Make
Krogen-42
Any thoughts on replacing the 2 fuel filters on the Lehman 120 with a different filter(s) that can be relocated and are easier to change? Mine are in a very difficult area to work with.

We replaced the multi-part CAV canister filters on our FL120s with spin-on adapters from Parker-Hannifin (the folks who own Racor) about 12 years ago. One of the four best improvements one can make to an FL120. We use Baldwin filters. Two adapters required per engine. At the time the adapter kits were about $50 apiece.

image-2407388523.jpg

I'm thinking replacement with another racor 500...keeping filter spares/changing easy.

I'm thinking replacement with another racor 500...keeping filter spares/changing easy.

I have been thinking that way too. I saw one Lehman done like that. Just a matter of redoing the lines and making a bracket.
I still have a large stock of 2 micron elements....

I replaced mine with a Racor spin-on unit. All I had to do was weld an extension onto the original bracket to raise it up. Sold the old housing on e-bay easily.

Attachments

• Misc 008.jpg
    Misc 008.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 106
Each of my Lehmans has a pair of Racor Dual Turbine 500's. Those give each engine switchable filters and then a secondary spin-on on each engine.

It's a very cool setup that makes it very difficult to have a fuel filtration problem you can't get home from.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom