Ford Lees 120hp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rustyrusty

I have heard a lot of good things about Ford Lehman but wondering what is the difference between a 120 hp Lees there is one in a Cheoy Lee and not sure if this would be a good engine looking for reliable fuel efficient. Also your comments on the boat. Thanks,
Tin Can Bay Boat Sales

I'm bettin' 10 dollars to a doughnut that it's an actual Ford Lehman and the person attending the ad and having written it, obviously doesn't know sheep crap from cherry seeds! :mad:
Just my take,...........as I have a minus 10 tolerance for ignorance! :rolleyes:
God help ya, don't get me started about stupidity! ;)

Same engine, different marinization. The Lees has a larger heat exchanger package, different raw water pump mounting location and, I think, a larger crankcase.

I'm bettin' 10 dollars to a doughnut that it's an actual Ford Lehman and the person attending the ad and having written it, obviously doesn't know sheep crap from cherry seeds!

If you Google Ford Lees diesel you will get a number of hits pertaining to these engines. From skimming through these hits I get the impression this is a marinization of several Ford diesel models ranging from three to six cylinders and from lower horsepowers like 75 on up through at least 120. The company who did these marinizations seems to have been (or is) based in Australia or perhaps SE Asia.

Thanks Marin and others the lehman is used here in Oz as is the Lees it looks like a good motor but the teak decks need fixing so might give it a miss.

Lees was a NewZealand company who did the marinization of the Fords. As Thomas said, a few differences from the Lehman's but still a quality engine.

The Cheoy Lee 35, which is what I suspect you are looking at, is a sturdy boat, just that bit bigger than a CHB 34, and with more inside hull room because they do away with the recessed side decks as well, so one steps up out of the cockpit to the side decks, necessitating higher rails all round. The PO of my boat bought one after I bought his CHB. (Pictured - I think, if I can find it). He later sold it on when he went bigger again. Their teak decks always seem to be the weak point. The Lees diesel is a good engine, much as the Lehman is. They tend to have a for'd double slanted across one side of the cabin, so better than Vees possibly, but someone has to clamber over to get out.
Couldn't find it - here's a link...
Google Image Result for http://www.powerboatlistings.com/powerimg/t/3808/1.jpg

If you Google Ford Lees diesel you will get a number of hits pertaining to these engines. From skimming through these hits I get the impression this is a marinization of several Ford diesel models ranging from three to six cylinders and from lower horsepowers like 75 on up through at least 120. The company who did these marinizations seems to have been (or is) based in Australia or perhaps SE Asia.

Well slap the dawg and spit n the fire!
I certainly "red lighted" on that one now didn't I? :blush:
My apologies to the add writer! :thumb:
I best check my alcohol level before posting next time. :eek:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom