What...no Woodsong Avitar Trophy 2012?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Bucky
Vessel Make
Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Hey.....what happened to the Woodsong Memorial Trophy for the best Avitar in this last year. I did a search, and Woodsong gave the trophy in Aug./Sept. of 2011, and this year, nothing.

Attachments

• WoodsongTrophy-?.jpg
    WoodsongTrophy-?.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 96
If after hiring a helicopter to take the picture and cleaning up for it, I'm going to be very disappointed if Moonstruck doesn't win. By the way Tony I know where you live.

Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper if one had a pal to take the boat's picture from a bridge? Or maybe the pal could take a tour of this gunboat and take the picture from the elevated bridge?

img_107499_0_bccf681ffd44a23852bc7ed847ca7f61.jpg

Helicopters are expensive, but common. It's not easy getting a submarine periscope shot for an avatar.

FlyWright said:
Helicopters are expensive, but common. It's not easy getting a submarine periscope shot for an avatar.

I hope FlyWright wins!

Hire a Helicopter??

Does someone have to much money?

Sd

I won last year (just bragging)

If Woodsong is the only judge, maybe I should change my avatar to this...

411mRTFQZ2L._SS400_.jpg

We may as well give up, guys. We can't compete with this.:surrender:

Probably right Don. But you might be able to come fairly close. I'll lend you my Breton reds.

Attachments

• some like it hot.jpeg
    some like it hot.jpeg
    9.5 KB · Views: 305
  • Mrs. D.jpeg
    Mrs. D.jpeg
    7.1 KB · Views: 290
haha- y'all are great! sorry for my slow response- it's been ridiculously busy. Trying to run 2 companies has me scrambling, especially when both by themselves are enough to keep me busy all day! Been averaging a boat closing every 10 days this year which is not bad at all if I do say so myself! Between that and my commercial real estate company roaring back to life in a big way AND my son playing football this fall...well...I've been swamped. Football has been a blast this year- as luck would have it, he is the biggest kid on his entire team (just turned 10 years old, 5' tall, 100 lbs). and hits like a mak truck so I am a proud papa watching him sack the quarterback 3-4 times each game and usually causing 2-3 fumbles each game and generally destroying the other team's offense up there on the defensive line and sometimes linebacker. He plays the offensive line as well but neither he nor I enjoy that as much as he only gets to pancake people and not sack the quarterback. :) And then add to that my son is getting all into learning how to hunt so I have been taking him deer hunting a good bit which I had given up due to my boating addiction but he wants to do it and I am 110% about spending as much time with him as i can- I figure in 3 years or so he may not think I am all that cool til he is in his 20's.

But back to the topic at hand.....
Yes, Alfton clearly won last year. We are checking into the rules and regulations within this prestigious award to see if someone can win it twice in a row b/c that is still one heck of a cool avatar! ;)

Mind you though, Flyright has really come in strong and given Alfton a run for the money with his "I love my Bayliner" avatar except for one minor detail- it isn't actually being utilized as an avatar. This technicality may kick him out of the running unless it is quickly remedied and made into said avatar. Janet's submittal does have a certain, um, classic allure to it but again, the rules clearly state it must be an avatar to be properly considered.
dwhatty- the Mrs. Doubtfire image is bound to be disqualified not only for the same reason stated above but more so due to the simple disturbing nature of that image.

So friends, yes, I believe it is time for the 2012 Avatar Award (ok, the whole "memorial" thing kind of makes it sound like I have already met my demise!) but we must insist you all go back and read the rule book that was handed out at the first of the year regarding this year's contest which clearly states in rule #1 that the image under consideration MUST be an avatar.

:) :) :)

Popcorn! Al, have you already started celebrating your immediately upcoming retirement?

img_110364_0_b1137a7945d52403222e3c3632ed8106.jpg

And what's with this "I love my Bayliner" avatar? (OK, let's consider the judge.)

Last edited:
Yes, we really know how to kick up our heals here!! Nothing says "Let's Celebrate!!!" like popcorn!

We, especially Perla, know how to celebrate.

img_110370_0_6a2f7e86af308bd207f5c5dfb0b0b03a.jpg

Seems to me that the considered avitars could be new and fresh, but must remain AS their avitar for the award period of a year OR until the next trophy is awarded,....you know, kinda like Nobel Prizes of equal stature. When is the cut off date for new avitar considerations? I know the Woodsong Memorial Committee can't stay in session forever.

I love our avitar.... it always makes me wish that I was back on our boat - up here on the Great Lakes, we're only on the water for about 7 months of the year!

Last edited:
Seems to me that the considered avitars could be new and fresh, but must remain AS their avitar for the award period of a year OR until the next trophy is awarded,....you know, kinda like Nobel Prizes of equal stature. When is the cut off date for new avitar considerations? I know the Woodsong Memorial Committee can't stay in session forever.

Heal, you raise a good point, a point that is clearly laid out in section 1.3A-2.001, whereby it states one must have it as said avatar for not less than 90 days less the committee and judge be accused of pandering to favorites and personal whim. A statement of authenticity and statement of commitment is necessary for new avatars. In fact, nothing says "I stand by my avatar" like creating a post expounding upon the virtues and truths regarding said submitted avatar. :)

One thing is clear....the rule book has grown in size as our membership base increases.

Lastly, for now, it must be noted again that section 10.5.4-3A through D clearly states (in fine print) that the officiating judge can be directly bribed with gifts of Rum, quality beer, racor filters, and yes, even diesel fuel itself.
:hide:

Lastly, for now, it must be noted again that section 10.5.4-3A through D clearly states (in fine print) that the officiating judge can be directly bribed with gifts of Rum, quality beer, racor filters, and yes, even diesel fuel itself.
:hide:

So when are you visiting to enjoy our bribe of fine rum?!?

Tony, Baby, you gotta a nice boat there. Now I really wouldn't won't to see anything happen to it.:whistling:

I submit for your consideration Capt. Lt. Phillipp Thomsen of Das Boot fame.

Please note the MS Paint removal of the guy standing behind his right shoulder. This took me literally minutes of work, I may add.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom