Replaciing teak windows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

troy994719

I have four windows that I am going to replace on the boat, they are old teak frames and they have deteriorated over the years. I am looking for suggestions on windows, Diamond Seaglaze quoted me about $420 a piece! So that would be close to $2000 by the time I paid shipping and tax.

Charles,
I looked at your website and looked at your write up on windows, do you have any pictures of the finished product?

Thanks

I bought new rubbe/felt tracking from auto*glass place for 10 bucks a peice.* Only the lower teak frame work needs to be removed to pop the windows out and replace the rubber track.* Cheap and simple.

So that is a little less than 3 grand US for 12 windows.....not bad.

Thats not a bad price at all, I will look into this company! Thanks for the info.

Mike wrote:

At the time I bought my windows, the MarineLite price was about 10 % below Diamond SeaGlaze.

I would bet that is still true today.

I did not buy on price.

Prepare for disappointment. Let us know if you check that far.

Mike
Merritt Island, Fl.
"Prepare for disappointment. Let us know if you check that far."

what exactly does that mean?

Most of the problems I have seen have been from owners that refuse to accept reality.

The pill the teak and want to make a FOREVER fix, instead of accepting that maint is part of boating.

5200 instead of Dolphinite gets slopped in and when that leaks its crowbar and splinters time.

FF

FF, I am pretty sure Troy is trying to fix the windows for cosmetic reasons and not because they are leaking.

I read FF's post and don't know what the heck he's saying, but Troy is replacing these windows for cosmetic reasons, AND they are leaking.

One of them leaks and the others are just plain ugly, the one I pulled off has a rotten frame, broken glass and the sliding tracks are shot.
I would bet the materials to build a new teak window would cost $200 easy.

How do you look through a teak window?
wink.gif

With x-ray glasses. Easily available from the ad in the back of comic books.

You slice the teak very, very, very thinly.

RE: Replacing teak windows

I guess I need to post pictures of my teak windows. Mainly they are for the port side of the boat, so I dont have to look at the guy next to me*at the dock*
smile.gif
*haha

Back
Top Bottom