Grand Banks 32

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptainG1025

Can some one tell me the last year the 32 was built?* I'm looking to sell my Grady White and buy a little trawler.
thanks,.

Capt. G

According to a poster on the GB owners forum, the last GB32 made was 32-867 with twin Perkins launched in 1996. Apparently 6 were made with twin engines.

Welcome, Capt G to the Forum. You will get a lot of great advice on trawlers here, and I suggest that a post in the General discussion section will get you more replies. If you're just beginning a search, I'd question why you have focused so quickly on the GB 32. A quick look at Yachtworld shows a couple of late 70s GB32's in California, both asking ~$75=-80 k. There are doubtless many who will swear by them, (Marin, eg) but there are a lot of other options, from cheaper CHB's to American Tugs, Nordics. etc. if you have more $$ to spend.

Good luck on your search.

Al Ross
Chocowinity NC

CaptG, I don't own a GB but really like them.* This is a great time to buy one as I am sure you know.

They are very well made, and have always been a premium boat.* The owners knew what they wanted and were willing to pay for it.

Most have been given better care over the years then their less expensive counterparts.* They have enjoyed high resale value and owner*loyalty.

Only recently have their prices declined as*the*current econony has caused some belt tightening*by many folks.

The GB have a*great owners forum and you will be part of an awesome family of GB Owners.

Good Shopping.* JohnP.

There was a comparison of the GB32 & the Island Gypsy 32 in 1995. You can order the complete article here. Grand Banks vs. Island Gypsy

I think this article will surprise you but both are damn good boats.

SeaHorse II wrote:

There was a comparison of the GB32 & the Island Gypsy 32 in 1995. You can order the complete article here. Grand Banks vs. Island Gypsy

I think this article will surprise you but both are damn good boats.
********* We are very happy with our IG32,* they are well designed and put together.

********* The GB owners forum is something I wish we IG folks had.

**********JohnP

JohnP wrote:We are very happy with our IG32,* they are well designed and put together.

The GB owners forum is something I wish we IG folks had.

JohnP
I'll second that.

ARoss wrote:

There are doubtless many who will swear by them [Grand Banks], (Marin, eg)
Grand Banks is not our ideal boat.* We much prefer pilothouse boats but the only one we would consider moving up to is a Fleming although the old de Fever 46 is a close second in terms of design.

What American Marine brought to the table with the introduction of their Grand Banks line in the mid-60s, first in wood and then in glass, was consistency.* While many other boatbuilders, particularly some of the ones based in Taiwan, were all over the* map in terms of quality due to the practices used by the yards that built them, American Marine built its boats--- Grand*Banks, Alaskan, Laguna---*to a high standard and did not vary this standard between boats or boat models.* This practice continues to this day.

A neglected, abused, poorly maintained GB can be as much of a wreck as any other make.* But given the high build standard employed from the outset, a GB tends to hold up better over time than many other brands.* Like all boats, GBs have their quirks and an owner has to be prepared to deal with them as they come up.* But GBs are no different in this respect than any other boat brand and are better than most.

We bought a GB because it fulfills what we want to do with a boat at this point and because*older ones--- if well cared for--- can give you a better boat for the money than most other makes.* It is not our favorite design functionally or aesthetically but for now it does everything we want it to do.* And --- thanks to the man who build the original molds and personally supervised the first year's construction of fiberglass GBs in Singapore of which our boat is one--- it's built like the proverbial tank.

I have recently repowered my GB 32. I have the pulled engine out and stripped it *down. Now I need to sale the whole mess. I have a 120 ford lehman. It is a seized block, water got into the cyln. I can be reached at kysdad07@yahoo.com

Just a brief aside: the Californian 34 was designed & built as a direct competitor to the GB 32.

Can some one tell me the last year the 32 was built?* I'm looking to sell my Grady White and buy a little trawler.
thanks,.

Capt. G
I am the lucky owner of the last 32" gb 867, I took it from the USA to Italy in 2004 and is still sailing in the Mediterranean sea

I am the lucky owner of the last 32" gb 867, I took it from the USA to Italy in 2004 and is still sailing in the Mediterranean sea

Please tell us more about that trip :socool:

I did not sail on through the atlantic ocean, I load it on a Cargo in Miami and I unloaded it in livorno (italy). since that time sailing in Mediterranean Sea.

my gb32 hull 867 was really the last to be built

byby

Hi,

It would be interesting to get some info on your shipping the GB and your experiences in the Med. Do you keep a blog?

Hi,

I'm a newbie to this forum and want to know if there is a subset group for GB32 owners. I have 1990, Hull # 632 and am in San Diego.

Cheers,
Ron

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom