View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #17
JAT
Guru

Vessel Name: Just a Tinch
Vessel Model: Gulfstar 44 MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Chuck View Post
That's strange since we found just the opposite in the Barge Canal. We anchored there for a week because relatives live nearby and had severe thunderstorms every afternoon and the anchor didn't budge. Our anchor, a CQR, set the first time with no issues and we pulled up sand when we left. We did find we needed two anchors out so the wind and the current switch wouldn't put us on the banks. There isn't anything there so it is pretty much just a rest stop or someplace to enjoy the seclusion. Typicality we go from Carrabelle to Tarpon Springs unless we're visiting relatives. With our new to us trawler, the Steinhatchee and Swanee are now on our list.
That's very interesting....seriously. We went up in there, probably halfway or more to the US19 bridge....dropped the hook, and all it did was slide along the bottom! I was using a Fortress FX-37 with mud palms on it.... Pulled it up and went further up the channel....tried again, and had the same results!! I guess I found a couple of spots that were dredged to the limestone bedrock... It got dark and we ended up hanging on to the FWC dock right on the other side of the bridge!
JAT is offline   Reply With Quote