Mainship 30 Pilot-II prop Shaft Breakage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mmarwood

Vessel Name
Mystic Blue
Vessel Make
Mainship 30 Pilot-II Classic
My prop shaft broke at 180 engine hours due to the taper on the prop hub did not match the taper on the shaft and incorrect machining of the keyway. The shaft broke inside the prop hub. It was a slow fatigue failure due to these manufacturing defects. It should be warranty but can't find anyone to talk to about that. Anyone experienced this problem?

My prop shaft broke at 180 engine hours due to the taper on the prop hub did not match the taper on the shaft and incorrect machining of the keyway. The shaft broke inside the prop hub. It was a slow fatigue failure due to these manufacturing defects. It should be warranty but can't find anyone to talk to about that. Anyone experienced this problem?

Why would you believe that anything on a 2006 boat would still be under warranty?

Not out of line for manufacture defects. I had a toon in FL that had a lifetime warranty on the tubes. I developed a few holes and they repaired it after 6 years. But Mainship went TU so I doubt this will be resolved.

Why would you believe that anything on a 2006 boat would still be under warranty?

Not out of line for manufacture defects. I had a toon in FL that had a lifetime warranty on the tubes. I developed a few holes and they repaired it after 6 years. But Mainship went TU so I doubt this will be resolved.

A life time warranty and the warranty on a boat are two different things. But at this point in time even if they were still in business it would be a "Goodwill" gesture not warranty.

Warranty on 2006 Mianship

As a matter interest, it was not sold until 2009 and launched 2012. So it is less that 5 years in operation and only 180 hours. It should be in the 5 year power train warranty, but a moot point because as mentioned, Mainship went TU.

As a matter interest, it was not sold until 2009 and launched 2012. So it is less that 5 years in operation and only 180 hours. It should be in the 5 year power train warranty, but a moot point because as mentioned, Mainship went TU.

In that case you might have had a point but as you say it is now moot.

Be thankful that it isn't a major problem. That sounds like about a one boat buck job or just a bit more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom