Mainship Warranty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mmarwood

Vessel Name
Mystic Blue
Vessel Make
Mainship 30 Pilot-II Classic
I was told by Luhrs that they did not buy any of Mainship's liabilities when they took over, which I guess, means there is no more warranty on Mainship vessels. Any one know if that's true? If not, where can I get warranty?

Well Mainship, Luhrs, Silverton, Ovation and Hunter Sailboats were all part of the Luhrs Group bankruptcy this past spring. It was taken over from the bankruptcy court by Marlow Marine a builder of 55-100' high end boats based in Sarasota FL. The Marlow Group has stated that their first concern is to keep the production of the Marlow - Hunter Sailboats up and running. To that end they are on tract. They have also said that some of the Mainship hull molds are being brought down from the north to their facilities in FL but I'm not sure if it is at the Sarasota site or the Hunter plant in Alachua FL.

As in most bankruptcy proceedings some things will change. I'm not sure who you contacted at Luhrs as they no longer exist. As far as warranty goes I'm fairly sure that it will not exist but I feel that Marlow will revive the Mainship models in the near future.

Thanks JD... that's good information for all of us Mainship owners.

Earl

Back
Top Bottom