how not to launch your yacht

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ouch... I bet that made the owner screaming mad!

Elwin

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

Or glad he wasn't onboard!
Years ago there was a similar video out of a smaller, about 30 foot open boat, dropped stern first. There were one or two guys onboard, I think they made it through ok.
Steve W

My haul outs will never be the same

Hard to judge never having first hand experience with dock gantry cranes. I do have seat time on land based cranes and the operator should have been spooling down that load much sooner and with more urgency. Inexperienced/overzealous tag line handlers/ground crew doesn't help either.

Less haste rigging taking more time to balance the rig would have helped. Ultimately it's the operator whom is responsible for the load.

Ya agree with you Craig, been in the seat myself. All your observations are correct. Wonder if they had the speaker working at the base or using a radio to communicate? Hope the owner wasn't the fellow on the tagline that went to the fence to pray.. What a sicking feeling if it was! Now what do ya do to get it back before it sank, there were no speed boats in view.

Elwin

I was biting nails thinking of the several crane lifts necessary to get the Coot from China to Bay Area waters.

img_105748_0_bb02a8bfa23ce21e308a9071fea8ed92.jpg

I've often wondered what kept the slings in place...just gravity & friction or are there supposed to be tension lines fore & aft to keep the slings in proper position.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom