• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Cr2 borg warner velvet drive gear box wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lostviking

Veteran Member
My drop center gearbox broke. It will not go in reverse. I am at new port richer in Florida now and if anyone have one or know where to find it, please contact me.

Cheers,

Anders

These transmissions are not that complicated, and pretty easy to remove and replace. I'd pull it and take it to a rebuilder, it probably just needs a set of clutches, I assume you have checked the oil level and the linkage. I'm guessing that a complete rebuild that replaces the wear parts (not major parts like gears or shafts) won't cost more than about $1500.00 and will be far better than installing a used one of unknown condition. If it turns out that the bull gear is shot or the case is ruined it's another story, but I might have a spare (they are made of unobtainium and priced accordingly).............Arctic Traveller

Last edited:
My drop center gearbox broke. It will not go in reverse. I am at new port richer in Florida now and if anyone have one or know where to find it, please contact me.

Cheers,

Anders

If you can't find one locally, Harbor Marine in Everett, WA will have one they could potentially ship to you. Ask for Mike. Good Luck!

There was one for sale on this board in the spring.

It was located only nearby , so IF you do a deal I can bring it to FL for you.

Pick up at my place in Ortona 33471.

FF

FF said:
There was one for sale on this board in the spring.

It was located only nearby , so IF you do a deal I can bring it to FL for you.

Pick up at my place in Ortona 33471.

FF

Great! Do you know The price and the reduction of the gear? I think mine is about 1,5:1 but I need to remove it to know. It will most likely be done today.

The plaque is gone, so I need to open it up.

To the rest of you, thank you. Always helpful!

Last edited by a moderator:
FF may be thinking of one I have for sale in CT. It is not a drop center, ratio is 2.57:1
Here is the ser/model # tag

Attachments

• IMG_1029.jpg
    IMG_1029.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 239
jleonard said:
FF may be thinking of one I have for sale in CT. It is not a drop center, ratio is 2.57:1
Here is the ser/model # tag

Hi, it must be a drop center or I need to lower my engine 2". I finally, with e help of Scott's marine, got it out today. They will take a look at it and they say it is probably cheapest to refurbish it. Will keep you guys updated!

Hi, it must be a drop center or I need to lower my engine 2". I finally, with e help of Scott's marine, got it out today. They will take a look at it and they say it is probably cheapest to refurbish it. Will keep you guys updated!

No question about that. Good luck LV.

Had mine rebuilt for $1,100. I removed and re-installed.

I had mine pulled and waiting for the rebuild. Think it is coming to end up around 2k, but the parts was about 300, so if you know how to do it yourself it should be cheap. A weaknes with these is apparently that when the engine is idle, it shakes a little, weakening clutch plates within. I do not trust myself to rebuild it, especially not when I am about to leave Florida for the Virgin Islands soon.

A weaknes with these is apparently that when the engine is idle, it shakes a little, weakening clutch plates within.

The drop-center version of the Velvet Drive was, as I recall, the first type made. It has some inherent issues which the later in-line Velvet Drive models eliminated.

Here is a link I found a long time ago to information and drawings about all three basic Velvet Drive types. http://www.marinegears.com/catalog/cat-idx-bw.html

Here are drawings from this site showing the drop-center CR2, the in-line 71C, and the V-drive transmissions.

image-548256506.jpg

image-245464913.jpg

image-2334126733.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom