Mark's Dinghy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Giggitoni

Guru
Vessel Name
Mahalo Moi
Vessel Make
1986 Grand Banks 42 Classic
Mark, I found the perfect dink. The one you've been lusting over. Come over tonight and we can grab a couple of those pesky steers in the pasture behind my house and you can trade something for Al's outboard. You'd have the only one of its kind in the Delta.

Attachments

• image-3426766197.jpg
    image-3426766197.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 184
Thanks, Ray, but I need something a little bigger where one rides in the dinghy, not on it.

232323232%7Ffp537%3B9%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D347994%3A862336nu0mrj

Mark, I found the perfect dink. The one you've been lusting over. Come over tonight and we can grab a couple of those pesky steers in the pasture behind my house and you can trade something for Al's outboard. You'd have the only one of its kind in the Delta.
I believe the inflated cow being carried is actually not a dink, but the trawler version of this type of craft. You can tell by the way the windows (the forehead) slope back, as they should.

Yes, Mark needs something to set him apart from the other boats on the Delta!:D

The Mesopotania version of the "blow up doll"
Steve W

I like the concept of multipurpose, but don't need a doll!

I dunno. I think this is more Mark's style....lots of labor, sail option, and windows slightly wannabee.

Attachments

• marks dinghy.jpg
    marks dinghy.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 175
rofl.gif

With the right color scheme that may work well for Mark. Needs chrome air horns though.

I surrender! :surrender:

This afternoon I ordered the rowing model of the Trinka 8: similar to the one on the left except hull will be dark green, of course.

8-10-ongrass.jpg

:blush:

Very nice! I'll hang onto my Honda OB for you when you get tired of rowing against the current. I'll even paint it green and yellow for you.

Trinkas are nice rowing dinghies.

Thanks, Al, but my current thoughts are that I could use the exercise.

232323232%7Ffp635%3C%3A%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A3%3A34%3B48336nu0mrj

Last edited:

Attachments

• marks dinghy with horns.jpg
    marks dinghy with horns.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 161
I wish! I'm settling for a "horn-on-a-can." As it was could barely stay within budget with twin air horns for the Coot.

img_104896_0_2cb8e0cd50cf9c548aec4ee5d91a0a28.png

Last edited:
Saiing dinghies are a lot of fun. I'm sure you will enjoy the heck out of yours, Mark, especially with your sailing experience. Are you going to carry it on the Coot or tow it?

Photo is our friends from France in the Montgomery rowing/sailing dinghy that came with our boat. After we added the Livingston on the stern we debated getting rid of the Montgomery but in the end we decided to keep it. We're really glad we did.

Attachments

• Dinghy 2.jpg
    Dinghy 2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 169
No, no sail on the tiny dinghy, nor an outboard and its its dangerous gasoline increasing the dinghy's weight 50%... The Trinka has two oaring positions. With two people, the one oaring would sit forward so the dinghy would be more balanced.

Will carry or tow as convenient/safe in the circumstance. In the SF estuary, I'm intending to tow after there is a need to launch. Frequent hauling aboard and launching would be exhausting to this senior citizen.

Last edited:
"With two people, the one oaring would sit forward so the dinghy would be more balanced."

How long can Perla row? ;-)

Al, that has yet to be determined. Maybe your Meg and my Perla can take turns.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I had a look at some of the Torqeedo ads and read this line:
"If you are looking for a high-end solution for small outboards that is even cheaper than a regular gasoline outboard in the long run (taking into account service/winterization cost) your search is over."

Really, how much can the winterization of a 2-3 hp outboard cost?
Steve W

I had a look at some of the Torqeedo ads and read this line:
"If you are looking for a high-end solution for small outboards that is even cheaper than a regular gasoline outboard in the long run (taking into account service/winterization cost) your search is over."

Really, how much can the winterization of a 2-3 hp outboard cost?
Steve W

depends if you are paying someone $125/hr or more an hour to do it.

My Admiral loves the idea of a Torquedo, and I'll probably go for one when we begin full-time cruising next year. They do have a software issue that should be ironed out by that time. Still, I think I'll take along the 9.9 just in case. In the back-waters of Florida, it would be nice to explore the areas in relative silence, but the buzz of an outboard gets more respect from the gators, and the stink from a 2 cycle helps a bit with the mosquitoes too.

My Admiral loves the idea of a Torquedo, and I'll probably go for one when we begin full-time cruising next year. They do have a software issue that should be ironed out by that time. Still, I think I'll take along the 9.9 just in case. In the back-waters of Florida, it would be nice to explore the areas in relative silence, but the buzz of an outboard gets more respect from the gators, and the stink from a 2 cycle helps a bit with the mosquitoes too.

Here's a good article on the Torquedo.

Panbo: The Marine Electronics Weblog: The Travel 1003, a serious case of Torqeedo love

Hmmm. I don't know if I should share that Torquedo article with my Admiral or not. She might take the $$ I'm using for the pilothouse rebuild and buy it before I can stop her. So far, she has no point of reference on a motor that doesn't stink. If I do this, I'll never be able to turn back.

My Admiral loves the idea of a Torquedo

Most any small electric trolling motor will push a displacement dink, at 1 / 10 the price.

Ladies love the electric power because they have NO FEAR , it wont start.

Allows them to be independant while anchored out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom