Trawler Figurehead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marinetrader

Obviously you all know*I am a Broker*but I'm not trying to advertise in this post.* But I think you will appreciate the photo here.

When was the last time you saw a figurehead on a boat?* Pretty neat huh?* The owner took*over 500 lbs of clay to sculpt the mold.* The mermaid is life size, about 4.5 feet tall.*

I've asked the owner to design one for my boat.* I'll have to go into the off-the-deep-end section to tell you about the changes I'll make....:)

MT

-- Edited by marinetrader at 11:06, 2008-07-30

Attachments

• dscn2559.jpg
    dscn2559.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 102
We installed a figure head on one of our charter boats , Bonnie Blue, cast off from a store manikin, with tits covered for the Baptist tourists , and legs covered with imitation fish tail,, GRP.

FF

An mermaid figure off of a old commercial trawler was given to us with the promise she would be mounted on the bow of our trawler.* My wife refinish/pained her, and she is ready to mount with her chest uncovered.* *

Attachments

• mermaid - email size.jpg
    mermaid - email size.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 77
That's pretty cool. How is it attached to the boat?

Hey Phi/Fill
Is that you on the hard? Went down to check the boat at lunch and saw a big trawler sitting in the new yard. Should be a good time to mount your figurehead!

Yep that is us. The wife is traveling and need her advise. I extended the anchor gang plank thing out one ft so the anchor would not get caught on her.

Back
Top Bottom