What does the boat want for Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Bucky
Vessel Make
Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
With Christmas coming, I'm finally going to finish my months-long roof job. I'd like to do a couple of new windows and really get the boat water tight. I may even dive in for some new electronics at one of the fall boat shows. Money, money, money.

Don (Moonstruck) sent me this photo of Eric's boat getting her Christmas work early. Shoulda figured.

img_104161_0_85d5214261633896b0cd0fe4a8439065.jpg

If that lasts over 4 hours, Eric should get Willie some medical help.

My boat told me it wants a new diesel heater for Christmas. It has one all picked out from Sig Marine and I am making plans to install it this fall. It will be in addition to our Hurricane furnace and will be installed in the salon. It should help alot while we are living aboard at Friday Harbor this winter. Then off to Alaska again this spring. It will be a great addition for that trip also.

Did that actually come from the factory that way or was it added on?
I just never saw it before on anything smaller than a freighter

Tony, that's called photoshop! Nice work on that Don! LOL.

My boat wants us to finally refinish the floors! (I know, I know, SOLE). Hopefully we will do that before Christmas.

The Eagle could use a bulbous bow. :socool:

At the January 2014 boat show we plan on buying:

Back up radar and charts
VHF with DSC and AIS
Life raft
Emergency Beacons
Life vest and dry suits

Then in the spring 2014

Go through the 671 and gen set
Twin bilge keels and maybe bulbous bow
AC/DC/Propane refrigerators for stern deck

Then maybe still on the list is

Rebuild/new water maker
Fish stabilizers
Front mast and sails

Just your basic standard stuff for remote and/or long off shore cruising. Even if we don't the Eagle will be one bad ass boat. :D

Mine would like a nice three month trip down to Ft Myers & back.
Steve W

Tony, that's called photoshop! Nice work on that Don! LOL.

PG, wish I could take credit for that, but it was Larry's (Healhustler) work. You could fool anyone with that one. Check the lighting and blending. I would love to be there when Eric sees this.:D

An early bulbous bow?

Ramming speed!

Attachments

• 220px-Olympias.1.JPG
    220px-Olympias.1.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 248
If that lasts over 4 hours, Eric should get Willie some medical help.

LOL. Or more boats for Willy to play with. :whistling:

I think Willy is excited about that whale he bumped into.:facepalm::hide:

"What does the boat want for Christmas"

As always a few hundred more hours of tinkering.

OMG Willy's sex is in question again ... or not in question. Good thing I didn';t have far to fall when I saw this. This is outrageous. Larry you're the master.

My friend that's helping me load the container is into computers and thought I should stay connected. I thought I should get disconnected to keep at my work. So when I was on the phone getting the run-around from Hughes Net he was setting me up w a box to sit on ect. Well the loading's going well. I could hardly walk yesterday morning but seem fine today .. well sorta. Last two days I've been do'in more than I thought my old body could do and a bit proud of it and quite pleased. Lots of body parts hurt some but my weak link (my back) is doing fine.

Now I really do need to get this thing into it's box. Willy prolly went to a party or two w her new "do". Thank's all for the comments and to you Larry. See you all on the i-pad.

Eric Henning

I love Eric's new "protuberance"

Meanwhile, the Arctic Traveller doesn't want any more toys :eek: All it want's is to be used more............

Speaking of Christmas, some (maybe all) of my Christmas came today in the shape of a new helm chair.....a good one. I've been rebuilding my pilothouse for almost 6 months now and looking for a helm chair to build the interior around. Today, while in Ft. Lauderdale on some other business, I made an offer on this Stidd helm chair that was sitting on the floor for more than four months that I know of. They wanted $2495 each for a pair of matched chairs when they were first consigned (new boat take outs). The first one went for the sticker price but this other matching chair just sat there getting more and more filthy for the last four months. They blew me off when I offered them a thousand bucks two months ago, but after a bit of haggling today, they called the consignee and he took the offer. Finally I've got my helm chair to build the colors, material and trim around. I was nervous that there must be something wrong or damaged with the chair, but after a easy clean-up, it seems perfect. Sometimes bargains happen.

Attachments

• helm seat front.jpg
    helm seat front.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 74
  • helm seat rear.jpg
    helm seat rear.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 72
My boat told me it wants a new diesel heater for Christmas. It has one all picked out from Sig Marine and I am making plans to install it this fall. It will be in addition to our Hurricane furnace and will be installed in the salon. It should help alot while we are living aboard at Friday Harbor this winter. Then off to Alaska again this spring. It will be a great addition for that trip also.

You might consider a free standing directvent stove such as the Toyo OM2. We have had one aboard for almost 7 years with NO problems. Sure, there designed for homes, but we liveaboard in Alaska almost all year and it is economical to operate, very easy to install, pulls fuel directly from the main fuel tank, and really cranks out the heat. Several folks mentioned these stoves are not designed for use with #2 diesel fuel, but the OM22 is and it's been flawless. There have been no problems running it underway in the worst weather either. Were in the whole thing for well under $2000.00 The down side is that it won't heat any area below it's own level. Ours is in the salon where we spend 90% of our time, but it doesn't do much for the lower areas of the boat. When we want heat there I run either a fan/coil unit utilizing waste heat off the engines, an Espar DL7 (which I rarely run) or electric.

Would I prefer a nice hydronic system? Sure, but the cost to purchase, install and run is so high that I can't justify it. Our system is far better in most respects (noise, power consumption, fuel consumption, size, complexity and more) that it's not worth it. We couldn't be happier with our set up................Arctic Traveller

Speaking of Christmas, some (maybe all) of my Christmas came today in the shape of a new helm chair.....a good one. I've been rebuilding my pilothouse for almost 6 months now and looking for a helm chair to build the interior around. Today, while in Ft. Lauderdale on some other business, I made an offer on this Stidd helm chair that was sitting on the floor for more than four months that I know of. They wanted $2495 each for a pair of matched chairs when they were first consigned (new boat take outs). The first one went for the sticker price but this other matching chair just sat there getting more and more filthy for the last four months. They blew me off when I offered them a thousand bucks two months ago, but after a bit of haggling today, they called the consignee and he took the offer. Finally I've got my helm chair to build the colors, material and trim around. I was nervous that there must be something wrong or damaged with the chair, but after a easy clean-up, it seems perfect. Sometimes bargains happen.

Larry, you got a great deal. I have two of them, and they really make a long trip better. Just the seat cover set for one chair list for $1400.00. Don't ask me how I know.

Don't get too comfortable. Someone has got to move about the bridge and make 360-degree observations.

img_104529_0_b583ead3334197d87a46c80c5102f688.jpg

(Son 1 of 2.)

Back
Top Bottom