Tenn-Tom waterway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salty11

Hello All,
We will be bringing our 34 Californian from the gulf coast to lake Guntersville in Alabama this fall via the Tenn-Tom waterway.* We would appreciate hearing from anyone who has recent experience with that route or any publications related to it.
Thanks, Mark and Jane

The Tenn Tom Nitty Gritty Cruse Guide by Fred Myers is very popular. I believe it is available on Amazon and Marine publication shops.
I have never been up there but know quite a few people who enjoyed it.
Good luck,
Steve

The army core book is as useless as any gov publication.
No depths shown , all the water is blue.

Bring your lead line if you wish to anchor out.

FF

Mar,

I've never done thet rip so I can't speak from experince. But I have a nice trawler for sale up that way and my owner made the trip all the way up to the Tennnessee River before he deceided to sell her. He said it was spectacular. But what I've seen from the docks, it sure loks inviting.

I can ask him if he'd mine me giving you his number and you could call or better yet, drop me an email and I'll give you his email address?

MT

Hey Salty II,
**** We have done the Ten Tom twice. Up and down. The fall is a great time to go.* Lake Guntersville hey? Do you have a marina in mind yet?* If notI can recommend one. We lived aboard at Goose Pond (between Guntersville and Chattanooga) for 2.5 years. Email me for more info if you wish. Wonderful place!
wink.gif

***** From Mobile to Guntersville there are about 18 locks, and around 800 river miles.* The locks are not hard unless you travel UP in the spring in flood season. We have done that too. ALL the lockmasters are friendlyif you are friendly to them! It can be done in the spring, but its a long hard slog.
***** We have very detailed and marked up charts from Mobile to Guntersville as well as SAINT Skipper Bobs guides, and they are the best guides for that route IMHO.
**** SoIll give um to ya! Only problem is that we are now in the Dominican Republic having the time of our lives!!* You pay for the shipping and Ill send all the maps!* LOL!!! Seriously though its not a hard cruise up to Guntersville that time of year.* Just do it!
Feel free to send me a note at:
botemon@gmail.com
Respectfully,
Ken

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom