How do you keep your Air Cond system growth free

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I live in Clear Lake Texas and last year I never had any issues with the strainer getting gunked up for my AC. This year however I have been having to clean it weekly because the green slime is growing like crazy, and apparently turning to black slime if not cleaned off regularly.

My condensation from my AC does drain into the bilge, but thus far I've had no odor problems coming from my bilge but since it's above the waterline perhaps I should route it to drain overboard. Any issues just using a T to hook into my sink drain?

I live in Clear Lake Texas and last year I never had any issues with the strainer getting gunked up for my AC. This year however I have been having to clean it weekly because the green slime is growing like crazy, and apparently turning to black slime if not cleaned off regularly.

My condensation from my AC does drain into the bilge, but thus far I've had no odor problems coming from my bilge but since it's above the waterline perhaps I should route it to drain overboard. Any issues just using a T to hook into my sink drain?

If there's no trap in the sink drain above where you connect the condensate drain, it could introduce odors into the boat through the sink drain. Other than that, as long as it's downhill from the AC pan, I can't see a problem with it.

I like a dry bilge so I recommend you find some way to drain it overboard.

Back
Top Bottom