Thread: SARCA demo DVD
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
Peter B
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Actually, Eric, you might be right there. I think that was why In the end I stuck with the swivel. There was going to have to be an extra shackle anyway, so what the hell? - keep the swivel, as it does make aligning the anchor easier and is still stronger than the chain links. I hope Bruce picks up on this before he does anything too drastic. When I had a coffee and a chat with Rex at the last Sanctuary Cove Boat Show, I asked him why the anchors were not just sold with the correct shackle shape and type already mounted, and his reply was because he would then have no control over what quality of steel the shackle supplied by the vendors was made of, and he did not like to compromise their reputation with that risk, as there is quite a variation in quality, as you know. Fair enough I guess. Which begs the question, what if it was supplied correctly from the factory...but...ok...sadly I suppose some unscrupulous salesman might swap it for a cheaper type...
PS. Bruce, if you did contact Rex of Sarca (Anchorright), did he give you the same advice as I gave above? I hope so. I'd hate to put someone astray, but it has worked for me 10 years.
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote