Before and After

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2DASEA

Veteran Member
I've hauled the boat for painting. I thought I'd post a "before" shot and later an "after".

Attachments

• DSC00311.jpg
    DSC00311.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 240
I've hauled the boat for painting. I thought I'd post a "before" shot and later an "after".

2DA - That is a fine designed craft. Great hull design! :thumb: I look forward to the "after" picts. - Art

Absolutely beautiful, very salty. J.T.

Thanks, She's steel, with about 7 foot draft. Joe Hartog design. I've got the bottom blasted and painted and we're moving on to the decks next. Amazingly dusty operation!

How many tons of fish fit in her hold?
wink.gif

She's designed to hold 20 ton. About a 15'x15' space amidships.

After the prep, what's the procedure to complete? What primer and paint are you using? # of coats? Inquiring minds want to know.:)

Sorry for the slow come back. I'm using Demet Coat, It's a heavy epoxy primer, then I think Devoe for the next coats. Weather has been hanging me up a bit. Foggy along the coast this time of year....

And now the "After" shot, took a while but she's ready to go back in the drink!:D

Attachments

• DSC00542.jpg
    DSC00542.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 181
[QUOTE ]And now the "After" shot, took a while but she's ready to go back in the drink!:D[/QUOTE]

Wow!! Great color choice. That blue hull makes all the different in the world. I'm impressed.
Larry B

WOW! What a transformation! She looks right.:thumb:

Beautiful! Love the name too.

Outside looks great , but steel boats rust/die from the inside.

When are you blasting the inside to "water white" and installing the 5-7 coats of protection?

Outside looks great , but steel boats rust/die from the inside.

When are you blasting the inside to "water white" and installing the 5-7 coats of protection?

Inside is pretty good except for a couple of places. Under and behind a washer/dryer unit that must have been leaking, and down in the box keel. My next project is hand removing all the ballast from the box keel, sanding and painting surfaces,then replacing ballast,and finally sealing everything up in cement. My ballast is made up of elevator weights which are anywhere from 100-150lbs apiece, should be like a vacation yarding those out!:nonono:

Very nice!

Have you thought of tucking a flying bridge up there by the AC? Just kidding!

Very nice!

Have you thought of tucking a flying bridge up there by the AC? Just kidding!

Steelhead is actually a sailboat. 2 masts will be fitted and radar,etc will be moved to mizzen mast, no room for fly bridge I'm afraid.

Nothing like a new paint job to make a boat handsome/pretty.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Last edited:
2DASEA,
Great boat. What is your total power and displacement?
I see you've moved the boot stripe up where it seems to belong.
I'm not a fan of dark hulls but your's sure does look good.
Sounds like you're going to put up all the rigging. That must be a lot of rigging. Sails or no that's a real trawler. Would you consider hang'in out w a bunch of guys w/o sails?

I don't know about 2DASEA, but it's OK with me.

img_101563_0_3eefb7efb974ec52d6187179ef80f22b.jpg

HAHA Mark. I don't see no sail and I don't see no stink'in FB either. I laugh every time I see your "stink'in FB" post.
Oh I like your prop too.

Last edited:
Hoist sails when I feel like it, but definitely not when moored fore and aft.

img_101568_0_4a9f15f01642170aefa31d32dcbf5949.jpg

My ballast is made up of elevator weights which are anywhere from 100-150lbs apiece, should be like a vacation yarding those out!:nonono:

Think of the savings in health club coats!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom