Pictures from Biloxi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swampu

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Cajun Rose
Vessel Make
Biloxi Lugger
Hello guys. Thought I would share a few pictures from Biloxi. They are the house and the boat. I think it's about 30 minutes till high tide.
img_100965_0_3d85e69d6bccbee8d06eb2aface43ac2.jpg

img_100965_1_6ce24329e3ccf724ac68c1ce38c78425.jpg

img_100965_2_37a2b49991812033a56765d41cf0a6a2.jpg

img_100965_3_cf4e5d54a7f1011527acd5305da1db38.jpg

WOW! It looks as if the boat is riding well. Hope the floor level of your home is well above flood stage. Good luck to the others in the way of the storm.

I'm good but the guy behind my house in the last picture is about 2' away from a mess.

Your boat looks high and dry. The house, maybe not so much so.

Good luck. You've got many hours to go.

Hold tight and good luck.I think I'd feel safer riding out the storm on the boat.

How did you do, Paul? Hope the home and boat survived without a scratch or water stain.

We heard on our new that the Mississippi flowed backwards, ie upstream, for 24 hrs because of the storm surge - that's impressive, it is no small river...

We heard on our new that the Mississippi flowed backwards, ie upstream, for 24 hrs because of the storm surge - that's impressive, it is no small river...
That would be a sight to behold.

In the summer it isn't as odd as you may think. The river's stage is so low that there are lots of times that the river would run with normal tides. I grew up near the mouth (Venice) and it made for great Redfishing via rod/reel. So the real determining factor would be how far upriver did it flow backwards. The 24 hour thing is pretty neat, wonder how much rise it gave? No doubt it will be running pretty good after all of Isaac's rain up the rest of the Miss. River Valley.

How did you do, Paul? Hope the home and boat survived without a scratch or water stain.
We did great. Lost a few shingles on the house. Boat did great, turned the bilge pump on for about 4 minutes after the hours and hours of rain.
As for the MS river I wouldn't be suprised. The surge came in about 6' before a drop of rain fell. As low as the river is I would imagine the claims are not that far fetched. All day Tuesday the rise of the Biloxi river never slowed even during the "low" tide.

Back
Top Bottom