Thread: Wanted: Hatteras 48 LRC - Wanted
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 04:01 PM   #19
rjwilliams11741

City: Minden, NV & California Delta
Gerald. Hi, I am the person that Scary mentioned in a earlier post who has a 48 LRC for sale. It is currently docked at Paradise Village Marina in Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico (about 5 miles north of the Puerto Vallarta airport).

Freedom is one of the few (2 or 3 at most) 48 LRC's that were built with 3 staterooms and most likely the only one that was equipped with 120 Lehmans rather than the 2 stroke Detroits. She was refitted and updated in 2000 by the previous owner. Since we have been cruising the mainland coast of Mexico and the Sea of Cortez for the past 8 years it also has a rather extensive inventory of spare parts for both the generators and the mains.

We are interested in selling simply because we have been cruising for 8 years and it's time to move on to something new. Freedom is listed with Vallarta Yachts in Nuevo Vallarta and you can see photos and a detailed description of her on their website which is www.vallartayachts.com. I have it listed for slighly higher than what you note you are willing to pay but I certainly would be willing to work with you if you are seriously interested. Please checkout the listing and get back to me. Mexico, especially the Gold Coast (Vallarta to Zijuantanejo) and the Sea of Cortez, is a magical place to cruise and if you transit back to the "states" in mid to late June the infamous Baja Bash is not much of a Bash. I have knowledge of an excellent delivery captain who delivers all over the Caribbean and the US and Canadian west coat. We are home for the summer (Northern Nevada) and get down to the delta several times a month as we have an old (really old) houseboat at Willow Berm Marina in Isleton that keeps us amused in the summer.

Richard Williams
MV Freedom
e-mail rnrwilliams@clearwire.net
Brokers website www.vallartayachts.com