Passage Maker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I figgered FF would be all over the April PM articles on Yoga and On-The-Water Skin Care.

Time to start as thread on marine exfoliants.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Time to start as thread on marine exfoliants.

I'm waiting for the Marine Toilet Paper review!

FF

I have a roll of John Wayne toilet tissue at work. It doesn't take crap off anybody!

Ken

Just come over to this forum for the first time from the unbelievably slow PM forum. So far? It looks like this forum works like lightning in comparison!

May I introduce myself? My wife (Lin) and I (Piers) have a Fleming 55 #129, based in Portsmouth, UK. So far, we have cruised Holland, the English Channel, the south coast of England and Scillie Isles, France (Normany and the north coast of Brittany) and the Channel Islands.

This year, we hope to cruise the west coast of Brittany, but the weather this summer is dreadful.

With almost 20 years boating under our keel, boating just gets better and better. See you around....

Yep, GPB, this site is speedy - but so it should with no ads etc. Looks like we can keep in touch and get our fix here while we keep an eye on the other side, eh? Love your boat, but it would be to deep drafted for Moreton Bay, here off Brisbane. Great for coastal passaging though - like up to out Whitsunday Islands. My boat has been up there several times with previous owners I was told. I'd love to do it too, but the SO not so keen. She'd rather just drive up and - get this - 'hire one'. Ho hum.....sigh.....
PB

Welcome aboard, Papa Bear.

We've been having a bit of fun at the PM magazine's expense.* But I've been following the April issue's "Daily Looking Marvelous Routine for Him" which includes the suggestion "Shower, wash, and condition hair; exfoliate".

I'm pretty certain my wife would kick me out of the house if she caught me exfoliating in the shower.

But the hair care suggestions have worked out pretty well.

Attachments

• cfatslip.jpg
    cfatslip.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 96
Peter,
Good to see you over here now.
I was just getting so bogged down on the PMM site.
Have Just flown back to Brisbane , left the boat up at laguns Quays for a while will fly/drive back up in a couple of weeks.
Had a quick trip up to get to Hammo for the Hammo Cup 25 th anniversary. (outrigger canoe racing)
Departed Mooloolaba with first stop Kingfisher bay for an overnight then to lady Musgrave Is.
Overnighted there and then thru to Middle Percy Is with a 3 hrs stop at High peak Is to catch a few Coral trout and Large Mouth Nanagi. (that was a long leg)
next leg to Scawfell is for a couple of days then Thomas Is and then to Hammo.
After the 42 k changeover race spent a few days around the Islands and then in to Laguna. Nice and safe and also cheaper than the other marinas.

Benn

Guess PM has finally got a Board NAZI,this is their latest,

You are not authorized to view this page
The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.

FF

Hiya,
** Again FF, you're full of it (and I mean that in the <u>nicest</u> way).* PMM has hired trained chimps-well not very well trained.* Due to their ever increasing quest for profit (and I think you agree with this-correct me if*I'm wrong) and serious navel gazing the highly qualified staff (ya right) have totaly fcqued-up what used to be a pleasant place to spend a couple of minutes.*Some expert opinion, some laughs and little advertising.* I lurk*other sites with an equal amount of advertising and the speed, lack of downtime, and ease of use is remarkable in comparison to PMM.
** I don't thing board NAZI's have anything to do with it.* <u>I </u>think it's plain incompetance and people working WAY beyond their capacities.
** As far as exfoliating*Mr. Foster,*what is THAT going to do to my fig leaf?

Stopped by PM.com this morning. Boy, with all the improvements over there, their activity has dropped significantly! Looks like about 7 posts yesterday.

For a while they had the on line count for a 16 hour period.* 3,000+ people viewed the sight and 400 people log on, which surprised me.**We complained so they changed to back to the present count.*** I don't think they are to concerned about the board as much as the total count.*

They are concerned with telling their advertisers they have a large eyeball count , to make more $$.

They don't give a damn about the magazine ('cept add count) or the board ('cept the eyeball count).

FF

Oh well, guess I've been kicked off there. Even though I'm logged in, I can't get past page one on any longer threads, getting a big code error message. When I tried to reply or post a new message, it's just dead when I hit the submit or preview links... OTOH, it sure will accept the "cancel" command! Hahahaha! Not much activity still, for the number of users.

They just keep making it better and better, don't they? NOT.

One of my favorite lines from a Star Trek movie... Scottie says: "The more they overtake the plumbing, the easiser it is to stop up the drain."

That becaseuon the older discussion before the change to page formate there is only a page one.** If you click next page you will get an error message.

I have not seen any better or worse out of the PMM site the past year with their "new" format. In generral it does seem faster. I have successfully logged on to PMM from 4 different countries this year including* internet guarded China. PMM's spell checker is nonexistent but for me so is this forum's. Oh well -----

PMM is rapidly dieing , since so many folks use Mozilla Foxfire , and can no longer post.

The novices with IE and other bug prone internet do not have the experience to actually answer much in response to questions.

Sad as the number of novices going to the site will never get straight answers.

FF

sunchaser wrote:

PMM's spell checker is nonexistent but for me so is this forum's. Oh well -----
Sunchaser, this site is totally funded by Baker and myself.* What do you expect for free!
wink.gif

Hint:* I use Google Toolbar Spell Checker.* It's free, as well as many others.

Happy Trawlering!
smile.gif

Well there you have it. I can't spill chuk anywhir. It appears the PMM*website*is near death. Hopefully this site can continue to attract some attention and good Q&A. The Q part is the key.

"The Q part is the key."

Not really , to me the boards have 2 purposes.

Sure answering a problem request is important

but steering the wannabees and new bees in a more rational direction than PMM or their legion of advertisers does is prime for me.

The folks with no experience that think huge bloat boats are REQUIRED to have a grand time aboard are my target.

Unfortunatly the wannabees refuse to do their homework , required reading , and background building and think a pretty add full of BULLS+++ solves their problem.

Learn to navigate? Why bother , the GPS/ Autopilot sales pitch is that's hardly necessary today.

Have a boat with a maintainable fuel system? , why bother a "polishing" system will substitute.

And on & on the BS goes.

FF

Back
Top Bottom