Daily digest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ed

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Makin Do
Vessel Make
PT38 Sedan #60
My settings include receiving daily digest messages but I haven't gotten any for a few months.* I wrote a message several weeks ago that identified the issue but heard nothing back and now I don't see it in the forum.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ed

I will claim total ignorance here. I honestly didn't know we had a "daily digest" function. I do know the forum has gone thru a couple of very minor tweaks....maybe that function was lost during those tweaks? Where did you find it and how did it work? I apoligize for my lack of knowledge in this area. I do realize it's merits as it relates to an email list like T&T but do not know how it would work on a forum such as this.

John-

Under "User Settings," "Profile," "Settings," down toward the bottom you'll find "E-Mail Digest of New Topics." Under this you can select None, Daily, Weekly, etc. I have no idea what this is supposed to do or how it works but I suspect it might be what Ed is referring to.

Thanks Marin....I'll give it a look and I will also try it to see if it works for me.

John,

Marin hit the target.* It was very nice to see a list of new msgs so I could make a quick decision as to whether I wanted to read fomething on the forum.* It also served as a great reminder that the forum is still active and deserving of my attention.

I get enough email and stay busy enough that without the digest I don't visit the forum.**
cry.gif

Ed

Ed, one thing that comes to mind is that you may have reset your cookies which may have reset your settings on this forum. You might wanna go back and make sure you have it set up like you used to.

John,

I get signed in (logged on) automatically when I use the browser to visit the site.* Are you suggesting there's another cookie for the digest?

Ed

Most likely not.* If you are still being signed on without having to log in, then most likely your cookies have not been reset.* I will get with DOug on the issue.* He is more technically savvy than I.

Ed
What email service are you using? Is it possible the digest is getting filtered out by a spam filter?

OK, I've set up another account to see if that cures the problem.* We'll see.**
hmm.gif

Ed

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom