Old 08-26-2012, 12:46 AM   #23
ksanders
Moderator Emeritus

City: SEWARD ALASKA
Vessel Name: DOS PECES
Vessel Model: BAYLINER 4788
Quote:
Originally Posted by knotheadcharters View Post
Dont worry KSANDERS, I moved up from a 3288. If I could have found a 45 or 47 for the price I paid for the Californian I would have jumped on it. While looking for boats last year I came across a 49 MT pilothouse that was a little tired looking but at a great price. When I called the broker thought there may be a fuel tank leak. Damn. Cosmetics are easy as long as mechanicals are sound.

Thanks! I'm not too worried. The 4788 is a great boat, and just like any boat it has its pluses and minuses.

Its kinda funny, we just came off of a couple of nights on the boat a couple hours ago. There was a really nice Nordhavn 58 three slips over. Nice retired couple onboard.

They have spent this summer cruising around Alaska.

The funny thing is that our boat has been to many of the places in Alaska they went. Actually any of the larger boats in the harbor could do those things. It doesn't take a 2 million dollar boat to have fun.

What it takes is having the time, and the desire to explore.

So, I'm happy with my Bayliner. Its enough boat to do what I reasonably want to do. It also fits in nicely with 90%+ of the other boats in the harbor.

There's a sea ranger 47 thats been my slip mate all summer, and a Defever 45 a few slips down. Then there's the Navigator 48 next to the Defever. Except for the odd super expensive luxury yacht all of our boats are quite comperable.
ksanders is offline   Reply With Quote