Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Wanted: ANCIENT Unipas Heading Sendor

Ok guys, someone somewhere, in that buried box at the back of the hanging locker, has one of these old heading sensors that were popular in the early 1970's.*Ours retired itself last year and becuse they are simple like me, I am hoping to find a replacement! Thanks*

Old 01-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #2

RE: Wanted: ANCIENT Unipas Heading Sendor

If you are talking about a " transmitting compass " I have an old Neco Marine that may work. It's your for the shipping if you can use it

Old 01-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Thanks for the kind offer! I'll keep looking for the original*old Richardson Unipas heading sensor which looks like the attached. They hold a dialed in heading pretty well, and if you only need to fix them every thirty seven years, I'd say they hold up well too! Thanks again!
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #4
Guru

City: Whittier AK
Vessel Name: Apache II
Vessel Model: 1974 Donald Jones

Quote:
BelfastCruiser wrote:

Thanks for the kind offer! I'll keep looking for the original*old Richardson Unipas heading sensor which looks like the attached. They hold a dialed in heading pretty well, and if you only need to fix them every thirty seven years, I'd say they hold up well too! Thanks again!
I got curious and did a google search and came up with a forum. I read a few of the posts and apparently someone bought one for a dollar on ebay. The forum was Ask all sailors.

Perhaps you could offer the guy $5.oo for it.

SD*

Closed Thread