I've been sailing 30 years and am moving to a trawler.
* Mostly protected water cruising, but also coastal Gulf of Mexico and Bahamas
* Usually need room for only 2, but will need to sleep up to 6 on some trips, so 3 cabin is a big plus (or 2 cabin with berths in salon)
* don't want a fixer upper, want something in very good condition
* 2 engines
* comfort underway in choppy waters
* speed not an issue
* expect to keep boat 10-20 years
* max 200k budget, but target is 170-180
* looking at over 40-46' based on above
My criteria seem to have narrowed things down to 2000 & newer Mainship 430s and 1990 and newer Grand Banks 42 or 46. I'm also looking at a 1996 Ocean Alexander 42. I like the space of the Mainship, but also like the quality and looks of the Grand Banks. Biggest problem I have with the Grand Banks is teak, which is also what I like. Also concerned about having to buy 10+ years older to get one.
I've already posted a similar topic on the general forum, but thought there may also be some ideas (or boats for sale) here.