Old 10-30-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
Veteran Member

City: Western MD
Trawler or Tug, 25-36', 12'4"/less beam, $35K/less

Hello,
I just posted an intro on the Welcome Mat thread as well. We are looking for a trawler... but are limited due to slip size. Must be 12'4" beam or less--and since it's a floating condo, as long as poss with this beam. Diesel preferred... but will consider anything at a good price and close to FL. We also love tugs... and thinking about a trailerable tug (even tho it would be difficult to live on for 4 months) since we could tow it up to our lake.

I've narrowed our options down to a couple 36'... love the Marine Trader sundeck. Older 36 Grand Banks work--but pricey. A few 34's are narrow enough... Marine Trader, Grand Banks.

But my top price of $35K cash has us limited to pretty much fixer-upers... which scares me to death.

Hope there are some suggestions out there.

Thanks for any help,
Linda

Herderings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

City: Baltimore Md
Vessel Name: Graceful
Vessel Model: Marine Trader
Linda, Remember to add into your budget the cost of moving the boat to it's new home and taxes once you get there. We just bought a trawler this summer that was located in Fla. and had to bring it back up to Md. Between fuel costs,a delivery captain part way, food etc. then the state tax when we got it to Md. Additional cost was almost 10 grand. Thankfully got a good deal on the boat and still think we made out.

gonesailing13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Thanks so muSh for the advice. That $10K is quite a shocker. I would also worry that the boat wouldn't make it without extensive mechanical repairs (considering the ages I'm looking at) which would add even more $$--even staying in FL!
Old 11-23-2015, 09:41 PM   #4

City: Brandenton
Consider a prairie?

If you are not in a hurry a 29 Prairie has worked as a good live aboard for couples. Issue I won't be in a position to show it until May also it's in Upstate NY. I shipped it from Clearwater Fl five years ago. Professional shipping was $3,500, to good news it's beam is 12' and it's in good mechanical condition, less than 200 hours on a Yanmar diesel. Needs a refer needs a little help and a few cosmetics.
Bill
Cosbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:54 PM   #5

Check out our listing.

We posted a listing for our Gulfstar 36 yesterday on this forum it sounds like it would suit you almost perfect. The price will allow you lots of room to sort out or not sort out bugs that we lived with within your budget.

Doug
finner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:42 PM   #6
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
The Californian 34 LRC also meets all your punchlist items. It's exactly a 12'4" beam. Overall length is bit over 36 ft.

Here's one near your price in your area.

1981 Californian 34 LRC Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Here's Mike's listing from the classifieds here on TF.

1981 Californian LRC for sale - Baltimore

Custom Google Trawler Forum Search
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 06:21 AM   #7
FF
Guru

Gulfstar 36 Trawler 1973

Good boat with no rotten buried plywood , and easily in your price.

Perhaps you could have the owner stay aboard for the first 500 miles or 10 days.
FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:01 AM   #8
Veteran Member

City: WIXOM
Vessel Name: INCOGNITO
Vessel Model: 34 MARINE TRADER
Note: Post edited to remove ALL CAPS 'yelling'.

I have a 32 Marine Trader in Michigan (Lake Erie) for $30K. Total rebuild on 80HP Lehman about 300 hrs ago. Solid boat, ready for your electronics.
MICH MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:55 AM   #9

Marine Trader 34' Europa

We have for sale the trawler you are describing in your post. Its a 1975 34' Marine Trader Europa model that has been updated over the past few years. Our asking price is a bit over what your budget is but I believe we can meet at a price that will be within.

This trawler by no means is a fixer upper and the following has been done plus more:
- teak decks remove, new biaxal fiberglass laid down
- new poly tanks
- rebuilt Ford Lehman, 165+ hours on it, still have the spare
- hard top upper helm
- L sette built on upper deck
- new gelcoat from gunwale up
- front V berth made into a full bed
- repaired any rot that was present
- marine ac unit installed

There are no leaks and the bilge stays dry.

Boat is on the east coast, central Fl.

Let me know if you are still in the market and have interest, I can share photos.
badu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 06:43 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Thank you, I have pm'd.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:25 AM   #11

City: Ft Lauderdale
Vessel Name: Makenzie E
Vessel Model: Eagle 40
PM sent.
Caymanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 03:53 PM   #12

City: New Jersey
Vessel Name: Mal Di Mare
Vessel Model: Marine Trader 34' DC
34" Marine Trader DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herderings View Post
Hello,
I just posted an intro on the Welcome Mat thread as well. We are looking for a trawler... but are limited due to slip size. Must be 12'4" beam or less--and since it's a floating condo, as long as poss with this beam. Diesel preferred... but will consider anything at a good price and close to FL. We also love tugs... and thinking about a trailerable tug (even tho it would be difficult to live on for 4 months) since we could tow it up to our lake.

I've narrowed our options down to a couple 36'... love the Marine Trader sundeck. Older 36 Grand Banks work--but pricey. A few 34's are narrow enough... Marine Trader, Grand Banks.

But my top price of $35K cash has us limited to pretty much fixer-upers... which scares me to death.

Hope there are some suggestions out there.

Thanks for any help,
Linda
I have a 34" 1974 for sale. In your price range and not a fixer uper. I did all that. Contact me at captony25@aol.com.so I can send you pictures. I haven't figered out how to do that on this site.
captony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:20 PM   #13

City: Wasaga Beach
Vessel Name: Hakuna Matata
Vessel Model: Henriques Custom Trawler 35'
Hi, we are selling our 35' Henriques custom trawler. It is in great condition, only 500 hrs on the yanmar engine, very economical. All new electronics, generator, ready to go! pls email if you would like more info. petvetinbarrie@yahoo.ca Susan
SusanBlanchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 01:04 PM   #14

City: New Jersey
Vessel Name: Mal Di Mare
Vessel Model: Marine Trader 34' DC
Hi. I have a 1974 Marine Trader DC . 11' 8" wide. Single V-8 210 freshwater cooled Cummins diesel. Hydraulic steering. Two 30 amp power inlets with two AC/Heat units(12000 & 5000 BTU).. Garmin 540 Chart Plotter. AC.DC refrig and hot water system. Many, many extras including custom winter cover. Boat is kept in the Lower New York Bay area. Priced in the low 20k's. have owned it for 16 years and it's not a fixer up er. Contact me at captony25@aol.com and I'll send you potos.
captony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 05:13 PM   #15

City: St Thomas
I have a 34' Marine Trader Sedan For Sale in St Thomas. For complete info and fotos email: relwoodsson2@gmail.com

relwoodsson2 is offline   Reply With Quote