Old 09-16-2018, 11:15 AM   #1

City: Florida
Robt Beebe 49-10 Passagemaker in steel for sale

Age is creeping up on us so after 18 years of extensive cruising and upgrades, we're considering selling MOJO, our Robert Beebe designed (#112) Passagemaker 49-10 in steel. If seriously interested, please PM me. For details and lots of pictures, please see MOJO Home

MOJO is currently lying in Virginia off the Potomac River.

Thanks.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:57 PM   #2

City: NC
Did you have a price in mind?
Old 09-16-2018, 04:23 PM   #3

We have no idea what she's worth! We have over $250K in her but that's meaningless. We're open to offers.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:54 PM   #4

City: New York
Where is she located?
Old 09-16-2018, 08:28 PM   #5

Per my original post, MOJO is lying in Virginia on the south side of the Potomac River.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:44 AM   #6
Veteran Member

City: Dammam
What a pretty little ship. In layout, she reminds me of diesel duck but with the passageway on starboard and the galley up.

One lottery ticket away!
Old 09-20-2018, 05:52 PM   #7

City: PVD
She's a pretty one, but a bit of a niche. She lacks some upper deck space of designs for recreational cruising (carrying freight needs a lower hold to lower the mass).

It would help if you put a stake in the post with an asking price.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlegs View Post
She's a pretty one, but a bit of a niche. She lacks some upper deck space of designs for recreational cruising (carrying freight needs a lower hold to lower the mass).

Not sure what you mean re upper deck space. She's very comfortable for cruising and entertaining. Re price, we're open to offers as we have no idea what the market is.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:07 PM   #9
Guru

City: Anacortes
What carrying freight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlegs View Post

Old 09-21-2018, 02:08 AM   #10
Scraping Paint

City: nowhere
That would be the perfect boat for us. The only deal killer is that very steep staircase.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:23 AM   #11
FF
Guru

Steel is loved , and valued far more in Euroland , where it has a long recreational history.

Can you find a Euro broker?
Old 09-21-2018, 09:34 AM   #12
Guru

Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF View Post
Steel is loved , and valued far more in Euroland , where it has a long recreational history.

Can you find a Euro broker?
I think the idea of ​​selling Europe can be tricky / impossible, I apologize for .

A few things: the sale price is added to the addition of freight + customs and these costs will be added tax about 20-25% depending on the state.

Another inconvenience is CE, the trawler is not CE-certificat and in addition, the diesel engines hold to be CE approved, i think? The boat could receive a CE certificate with pay of about 5000 to 7,000 €, but the engines are already manufactured in CE versions of the factory and this is big job replacemet engines.

Electric systems and equipment should be 50hz 230V.

Everything good to get a new owner for your wonderful Trawler.

NBs
Old 09-22-2018, 07:26 AM   #13
FF
Guru

I thought perhaps the CE stuff might be grandfathered?
Old 09-22-2018, 08:36 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocoys View Post
That would be the perfect boat for us. The only deal killer is that very steep staircase.
Originally the boat had a spiral staircase but the previous owner removed it in favor of the current design. When I first looked at the boat I had similar thoughts. But, in reality, the stairs haven't been a problem. My wife has had both hips replaced twice since we've owned the boat and she hasn't had any problems at all with the stairs. They have railings on the sides and at top so even in a seaway you feel very secure navigating them. Also, we've found that we tend to spend our days "up top" in the deck house and in reality don't make that many trips up and down. My wife likes the boat because she says it essentially all on one level, either up top or down below, but not up and down 2-3 steps for every 5 steps you take like other layouts.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:17 AM   #15

City: Aposentillo
She looks to be a well laid out and heavily built little ship, very nice. Must have many great memories of her after nearly 2 decades.

Fair winds
Old 09-25-2018, 07:32 AM   #16

She's been a great boat for us with thousands of miles cruising. But, it's time for the next owners to begin their adventures!
Old 09-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #17

City: NC
I'd really like to see a price on this. It looks like a functional boat in good mechanical condition but the fit and finish are amateur and one off custom. I have no idea how to value such a thing and I don't want to just "make an offer".

You might not know what the boat is worth either, but you can know what you're willing to sell her for. Why don't you give that some thought and let us all know?
Old 09-26-2018, 01:24 PM   #18

I've updated the web site to show an asking price of $189,900. As stated, we have no idea what the market value of the boat is but it seems folks want a starting point! We're willing to listen to any reasonable offers. If interested, please respond via the e-mail shown on the Introduction page of the web site, www.mvmojo.com
Old 10-03-2018, 02:39 PM   #19
Wil

City: Presently SE Georgia
Vessel Name: Gone Walkabout
Vessel Model: 1999 KadeyKrogen 39
Wonderful blue water little ship. Love steel for a lot of reasons. Would you summarize what's involved in maintaining a steel boat regarding corrosion or other issues? I have a feeling it's ongoing (e.g. brightwork) in that regard, but have no idea.
Old 10-03-2018, 03:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil View Post
Wonderful blue water little ship. Love steel for a lot of reasons. Would you summarize what's involved in maintaining a steel boat regarding corrosion or other issues? I have a feeling it's ongoing (e.g. brightwork) in that regard, but have no idea.
Our prior boat was a 42' fiberglass sail boat. I'm convinced that maintaining a steel boat isn't a lot different than maintaining a f/g boat. With steel, you just have to keep paint on her, which is a lot less work than repairing, waxing & polishing f/g. And, unlike fiberglass repairs, almost anybody can paint! The previous owner recommended going around the exterior once a month and taking care of any rust by simply grinding it out with a dremel, etc., putting a dab of rust converter (like Corroseal) on it then painting. Maybe an hour or two of work?? For marina dings, etc., our rub rail is made from 2" half pipe welded to the hull. If we rub against pilings hard enough to scrape paint off, a few swipes with a brush and all is well again. Bolting on a rubber or wooden rub rail would eliminate even that, but I've never really felt the need. For the bottom we have always used Ameron ABC-3 bottom paint. It is rated as a 5 year commercial ship paint and is a lot less expensive and more effective than your typical West Marine offerings. We typically haul and paint every 4 years. Each time we haul I feel like we could have gone at least another year! At haul-out, zincs are checked and if needed, new ones are welded on. Most yards have someone who can do simple welding so it's no big deal. Early on I thought about having bolts welded to the hull so I could change zincs underwater by just removing a nut/lock washer, but our zincs seem to last a very long time so I've never gotten around to that. Last month we just completed a top to bottom paint job where the overhead, deck house sides, topsides and bottom were aggressively sanded, a handful of rust spots ground to bare steel and prepped with inorganic zinc chromate primer, the entire boat painted with 2-part Bar-Rust 235 epoxy and then top coated with Amercoat 450 HSG urethane paint especially formulated for steel. Paint on a steel boat is typically rolled on so it's fast and easy. In 18 years, it's the first time we've done more than just partial painting where needed, but we decided it was time to do the entire boat so the next owner would have a "new" exterior and a new bottom! Hope this helps.