Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
Guru

City: Juneau Alaska
Vessel Name: Arctic Traveller
Vessel Model: Defever 49 RPH
A real passagemaker for sale

The 90ft Scorpius (as featured in the pages of Passagemaker magazine and others) is for sale.* Originally built by Blount marine as a research vessel, she was converted to a long distance passage maker / yacht in the 80s.* Since then, she has traveled to the end of the Aleutian island chain, down the West Coast, through the Panama canal,(many times) up the Eastern seaboard, South to the Caribbean and much further.* She packs over 5000 gallons of fuel in five tanks, and gets great mileage.* She is loaded with the systems needed for long distance cruising including two water makers, hydraulic stabilizers, three generators, current electronics, three freezers and far more.* This boat will take you where ever you want to go in safety and comfort. She is built like a battle ship with heavy duty portholes, rugged steel construction and well thought out systems. She was once a USCG inspected vessel, and still has the required alarm systems, fire bilge pumps, commercial wiring, 7 water tight bulkheads, dogged water tight doors, and far more.* Included are two new Boston Whalers on chocks on the upper deck.** Feel free to contact me for further information.* Currently lying in Lake Union, Seattle Washington.** I'll miss her, but the owner says she has to go.................Captain Jeff Coult**** 907 321 5175

-- Edited by Arctic Traveller on Monday 27th of September 2010 12:43:00 PM

-- Edited by Arctic Traveller on Monday 27th of September 2010 01:21:18 PM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scorpius 145.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	2757   Click image for larger version

Name:	scorpiusglacier (small).jpg
Views:	449
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	2758  
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
FF
Guru

RE: A real passagemaker for sale

Originally built by Blount

Glass or steel?

Asking price?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
Guru

City: Atlanta
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse

O to win the lottery tonight!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:40 AM   #4
JD
Guru

City: New Bern NC
Vessel Name: Stella Di Mare
Vessel Model: Mainship 34t

Woodsong,

That would raise your*lake a foot.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:19 AM   #5
KMA

City: Merritt Island

LOL... not to mention finding a slip to keep her.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
Guru

Quote:
FF wrote:

Originally built by Blount

Glass or steel?

Asking price?
Steel with Aluminum topsides, asking* $950,000

Old 09-30-2010, 11:58 AM   #7
Guru

Quote:
KMA wrote:

LOL... not to mention finding a slip to keep her.
You might be amazed.* When we moved to Seattle, we had a choice of several marinas.* Slips for big boats seem to be in good supply at the moment.* I also just moved a 90ft Westport to Lake Union, and had no trouble finding a place to put her, both in the lake and in the sound....................Arctic Traveller
Old 12-30-2010, 11:21 AM   #8
Guru

Quote:
Arctic Traveller wrote:

Asking price?
Steel with Aluminum topsides, asking* $950,000

Or best offer, don't be aftaid to ask..................

Oh yea, it's gets 1+ mpg, pretty good for a 90 footer huh?........Arctic Traveller
Old 01-04-2011, 09:21 PM   #9
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6

I don't know.* Boats over 12 meters are subject to a lot more requirements.* Don't think I could handle her single-handed. *Oh, and*my pension isn't sufficient to pay for a full-time handyman*to keep the boat ship-shape.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #10
Guru

Quote:
markpierce wrote:

I don't know.* Boats over 12 meters are subject to a lot more requirements.* Don't think I could handle her single-handed. *Oh, and*my pension isn't sufficient to pay for a full-time handyman*to keep the boat ship-shape.
Actually, the C/G requirements for a private yacht of her size are not much different than those for a smaller boat.* As for single handing the boat, I pretty much do.* The only really difficult part is docking when there is a wind blowing you off the dock. I usually will call the harbor and see if anyone can come down and grab a line for me, but otherwise, once I'm against the dock, I just run down from the pilot house, grab the spring line, and jump off.* Well, that's assuming I think I can get back on again once the spring is tied. Then it's back to the pilot house, put her in gear, tow on the spring, and then go tie the remainder of the lines. Occasionally, I have to abort, run back up to the pilot house and try again, but eventually it always works out.* When it comes to maintenance, I do all that too, so it seems to me your out of excuses.* Send me an email, and I'll tell you where to send the check. (single handed docking lessons included).................Arctic Traveller
Old 01-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #11
Master and Commander

Quote:
Arctic Traveller wrote:

Actually, the C/G requirements for a private yacht of her size are not much different than those for a smaller boat.*
Don't*boats over*12 meters or longer require additional fire extinguisher capacity, greater light range, show two all-round red lights if aground, show two black balls when not under command, and ring bell for five seconds every minute while anchored in limited visibility?* I'm sure to have left something out.

That bell-ringing requirement is quite a burden.* Got a mechanical/timed bell ringer handy?

Old 01-04-2011, 11:34 PM   #12
Master and Commander

Quote:
Arctic Traveller wrote:

, once I'm against the dock, I just run down from the pilot house, grab the spring line, and jump off.* Well, that's assuming I think I can get back on again once the spring is tied. Then it's back to the pilot house, put her in gear, tow on the spring, and then go tie the remainder of the lines. Occasionally, I have to abort, run back up to the pilot house and try again, but eventually it always works out.*
Do you sell tickets to those who'd like to watch?

Old 01-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #13
Guru

Quote:
markpierce wrote:

Don't*boats over*12 meters or longer require additional fire extinguisher capacity, greater light range, show two all-round red lights if aground, show two black balls when not under command, and ring bell for five seconds every minute while anchored in limited visibility?* I'm sure to have left something out.

That bell-ringing requirement is quite a burden.* Got a mechanical/timed bell ringer handy?None of that will increase you costs much though.* Check your hailer, most include automatic sound signals......Arctic Traveller

Old 01-05-2011, 12:02 PM   #14
Guru

Quote:
Do you sell tickets to those who'd like to watch?Heck, I'll do better than that, I'll teach YOU how to do it (with purchase that is)

Or, you could take one of our Trawler Training cruises this summer (once again we are offering our spring positioning cruise at a huge 40% discount too)* Then you can learn without buying the boat, instead you can practice with mine....................Arctic Traveller

Old 03-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #15
Guru

We will be moving the Scorpius to Trawler Fest in Anacortes.* The show runs from May 10 thru the 14th, so if your at the show, stop by, say hi and see a real passagemaker...............Arctic Traveller<a href="http://passagemaker.com/events-series/anacortes">
</a>
Old 03-28-2011, 04:16 AM   #16
FF
Guru

Boats over 12 meters are subject to a lot more requirements

WOW brighter lights and a good horn!
Old 03-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #17
Guru

Quote:
FF wrote:
WOW brighter lights and a good horn!
*Yea, she has an AWSOME Kallenburg air horn, complete with automatic signals.* The air compressor just keeps up when you run the fog horn, and you darn near need ear plugs in the wheel house.* It sure gets folks attention though.* I love blasting it and hearing the echos off the surrounding mountains...................Arctic Traveller

Old 05-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #18
Master and Commander

A real passagemaker for sale

Quote:
Arctic Traveller wrote:
*... The air compressor just keeps up when you run the fog horn, and you darn near need ear plugs in the wheel house. ...*
*Hope this air tank*big enough (paired with paired with KA-500 compressor) for a D-1 horn.

-- Edited by markpierce on Sunday 1st of May 2011 01:21:56 PM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eng4.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	5872  
Old 02-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #19
Guru

Quote:
Arctic Traveller wrote:
The 90ft Scorpius (as featured in the pages of Passagemaker magazine and others) is for sale.* Originally built by Blount marine as a research vessel, she was converted to a long distance passage maker / yacht in the 80s.* Since then, she has traveled to the end of the Aleutian island chain, down the West Coast, through the Panama canal,(many times) up the Eastern seaboard, South to the Caribbean and much further.* She packs over 5000 gallons of fuel in five tanks, and gets great mileage.* She is loaded with the systems needed for long distance cruising including two water makers, hydraulic stabilizers, three generators, current electronics, three freezers and far more.* This boat will take you where ever you want to go in safety and comfort. She is built like a battle ship with heavy duty portholes, rugged steel construction and well thought out systems. She was once a USCG inspected vessel, and still has the required alarm systems, fire bilge pumps, commercial wiring, 7 water tight bulkheads, dogged water tight doors, and far more.* Included are two new Boston Whalers on chocks on the upper deck.** Feel free to contact me for further information.* Currently lying in Lake Union, Seattle Washington.** I'll miss her, but the owner says she has to go.................Captain Jeff Coult**** 907 321 5175

-- Edited by Arctic Traveller on Monday 27th of September 2010 12:43:00 PM

-- Edited by Arctic Traveller on Monday 27th of September 2010 01:21:18 PM
*Scorpius is still on the market, with a new lower price.* Try something in the $750,000 range...............
Old 02-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #20

City: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Vessel Model: I have keys to lots of boats...

I was onboard Scorpius around 7 or 8 years ago when the boat was in Fort Lauderdale. The owner hired me as a pilot to run the boat down the New River here, the river is narrow and lined with expensive yachts. I was really impressed with this passagemaker partly because I had run Blount built commercial passenger boats, and I could see the heritage of Blount throughout.

Closed Thread