Old 10-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
dvd

City: California Bay Area
Vessel Name: BOOSTER
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 37
Princess Electric Stove/Oven

We are re-doing the galley on our recently bought boat and selling the Seaward Princess 3 burner stove & oven. The boat was built in '87 and I suspect the stove was new then, although it has obviously had very little use. It functions fine. New these things go for around $1000 -- this isn't new, so $250 sounds like a good starting point. It's pretty heavy and I have no idea what shipping would cost. I'm located in Philadelphia (with the boat in MD, eastern shore of Chesapeake) so I could deliver, or you could pick it up, around that area.

Thanks,

dvd

-- Edited by dvd on Monday 24th of October 2011 01:04:34 PM
Attached Thumbnails
oven 4.jpg   oven 3.jpg   oven 2.jpg   oven 1.jpg   oven 5.jpg  

Old 11-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #2
dvd

RE: Princess Electric Stove/Oven

Sold locally.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #3
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea

dvd: I also have this unit in my '87 Krogen, and plan to update to something. Let us know what you went to and how it fit into the space. The cabinet area around our unit is so nice, I'd rather not alter it.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
dvd

I'm putting in a combo microwave/convection oven in place of the oven and a single induction cooktop to replace the stove. The microwave fits in the oven cutout, although I'll build a shelf to bring it up several inches. This will give me about a 4-5 inch space below the microwave which I will utilize for more storage (possible shallow drawer or drop-front shelf for cookery or ?). The single induction plate is 12X14 and will sit, built-in, in the corner of a butcher block top covering the old stove opening. Each will operate on its own circuit. If you have never tried an induction cooktop, they are incredibly versatile and one easily does the work of at least two regular electric burners.

We cook a lot while we are on board and have tested out this combination of cooking apparatuses at home. With the outdoor grill (and a portable butane cooktop for AM coffee without the generator),we're hoping this will get us through some significantly long cruises next year.

dvd