Old 06-29-2016, 07:57 PM   #101

City: Kirkland
When we finished our ' back and forth ' at his office this morning, the broker told me, I would get my money back possibly by Friday. Although, I asked him to write me a check, since I was asking for it and I was there; he said he could not. It had to be done by the administrator, and she was not working everyday. I am not sure what do believe anymore.

utazo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:59 PM   #102
Guru

City: Sidney
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
He might have to deal with a trustee if it's in a trust account and he isn't the trustee.
It is deposited to "Advanced Marine Group Trust Account #----". As owner of AGM and the licensee, if he doesn't have signing authority then that's another reason to question his cred.

I love this stuff and while I know it's poor Mr. 89's money and he is sweating bullets, I still think it will resolve.

I just find the "Sale Pending" really curious.
If there indeed was a pending sale at noonish, that was about the time our man met the broker who acknowledged the withdrawn offer. Effing weird man, just effing weird.

Hawgwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:10 PM   #103
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by utazo89 View Post
When we finished our ' back and forth ' at his office this morning, the broker told me, I would get my money back possibly by Friday. Although, I asked him to write me a check, since I was asking for it and I was there; he said he could not. It had to be done by the administrator, and she was not working everyday. I am not sure what do believe anymore.
Add that to your notes.
Was the lovely Katie McGinnity in the office? I imagine she holds the magic pen.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:12 PM   #104

At the time, when I received the signed printout from him, a client walked in, so I was ready to leave, not to interfere with the business. This is when the broker told me again that he will get my money back.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:15 PM   #105

No, there was nobody else, only him. Since we started, I talked only to him.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:01 PM   #106
Guru

I believe you've been far to patient. 9K is a lot of money. I'm not experienced in dealing with brokers and perhaps 89 experience is acceptable in the industry, but not to me. I would have contacted a lawyer by now to show the broker my interest in getting my money back. This is not usual behavior in the USA. Yes contacting a lawyer will make things more complicated but I would be concerned this guy is trying to steal your money.

In my experience the broker did not cash my deposit until my offer was accepted. 10% is a lot of money for a deposit. Perhaps that is required but my offered would be accompanied by a $1000 check. The seller can reject it but not likely.
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:26 PM   #107

City: Marysville, Wa.
Vessel Name: Sea Fever
Vessel Model: Defever 49 RPH
Well, I don't think any of the 2964 view this has gotten is going to help business for these people! In this day and age of social media, you better be careful how you treat customers if you expect to be successful.
Russell Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:11 PM   #108
Guru

City: Gig Harbor
Vessel Name: Kinship
Vessel Model: North Pacific 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlwindham View Post
I would be suspect of all brokers. It's a flawed system. The more your spend on your boat the more they make that's the one representing you and one that represents the seller.
I am not so sure the system is flawed so much as folks understanding of it. A buyers broker doesn't really represent the buyer. Even the buyers broker is working for the seller and is paid by the seller.

I am not as cynical as you, but maybe I am younger and less experienced? I have dealt with plenty of very honest and ethical people and generally will assume that anyone I interact will be as well until they prove otherwise.

Dave
SPOT page
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:26 PM   #109
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhays View Post
I am not so sure the system is flawed so much as folks understanding of it. A buyers broker doesn't really represent the buyer. Even the buyers broker is working for the seller and is paid by the seller.

I am not as cynical as you, but maybe I am younger and less experienced? I have dealt with plenty of very honest and ethical people and generally will assume that anyone I interact will be as well until they prove otherwise.
Many recall the ageless song... "You take the high road n' I'll take the low road... and, I'll get to Scotland before you!"

I think any road 89 travels at this point is OK. The main target is for him to get his DP BACK - In Full!

This broker is being wholly improper. Period!
Art is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:31 PM   #110
Guru

I agree Al. I didn't mean to imply anything regarding 89s situation. I think the broker has demonstrated to 89 pretty clearly that at the very least he is difficult to do business with.

Dave
SPOT page
Old 06-30-2016, 12:17 AM   #111
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
The part that bothers me most is the lack of honest communication. He didn't return calls. He never offered an explanation of what was going on. You speak to the buyer and update him every day.

Then on returning the deposit. Had he simply said, Ms. Xxxxx is the trustee and she has to write and sign the check. She's in the office on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday so it will be two days. In today's world there is nothing preventing it immediate. She could send it Fedex. Anything. You get no information, then get a little more and perhaps a little more.

For the record, Advance Marine Group is the fictitious name of Double Red Dragon Yacht Management LLC. Here is it's corporate page with the agent and manager listed and an address for them. Marvin is that person.
BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:30 AM   #112
Guru

Neilson Yacht Brokerage at the same address.
1 employee, guess who.

AMG and Little Red Wagon are separate addresses though.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:59 AM   #113
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwash View Post
Neilson Yacht Brokerage at the same address.
1 employee, guess who.

AMG and Little Red Wagon are separate addresses though.
Nielson Yacht Brokerage was a fictitious name under Nielson but their account was closed in 2007, from what I can find.
BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:05 AM   #114
TF Site Team

City: Seattle, WA
Vessel Name: Pau Hana
Vessel Model: 1989 PT52 Overseas Yachtfisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
The part that bothers me most is the lack of honest communication. He didn't return calls. He never offered an explanation of what was going on. You speak to the buyer and update him every day.
Game. Set. Match.

This simple statement embodies the entire ethical dilemma in this entire thread- lack of communication on the part of the broker.

1989 52' PT Overseas yachtfisher
Pau Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:31 AM   #115

City: Pacific Northwest
Vessel Name: Jacari Maru
Vessel Model: 2014 Ranger Tug R-27
Trawlerforum members,

I have put him on my 'never, ever do business with him' list.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:31 AM   #116
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pau Hana View Post
Game. Set. Match.

This simple statement embodies the entire ethical dilemma in this entire thread- lack of communication on the part of the broker.
Sadly, Mr. Brokerman can play this out as long as he likes and there is nothing short of litigation to resolve it.

Oh sure, there is a "professional" body that has a disciplinary committee but really, what can they do? A fine, suspension, removal? Not without a lot of wasted investigation. Broker boy has a completely different take on this thing, insists he is the good guy and the carousel starts it's run.

Brokers association after months kicks the guy to the curb, he can still sell boats, still deal in trusts, still play an un-provable ponzi if that's what he does. Meanwhile the utazos get played and can't move on.

You also have to wonder what kind of horse nuggets this rube is feeding his seller as well.

Hopefully the money will be there by Friday.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:35 AM   #117
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
Trawlerforum members,

Send him an email letting him know what you think of him and his operation. He may not be aware of the power of social media, or may not care, but a pile of email might open his eyes.

Please wait until 89 gets his deposit bank.

Dave
SPOT page
Old 06-30-2016, 01:35 AM   #118
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
Trawlerforum members,

Send him an email letting him know what you think of him and his operation. He may not be aware of the power of social media, or may not care, but a pile of email might open his eyes.

Naw, I wouldn't start that. We have a victim here who is currently out 9 grand. Start poking a stick in the hornets nest and broker boy says "screw it, sue me." Let it play out a bit. Things are going on in the background.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:46 AM   #119
Art
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pau Hana View Post
Game. Set. Match.

Sorry Peter... but, respectfully to you, I just gotta say:

Lack of communication my assss. 89 communicated profusely and repeatedly to the broker by email, phone, and personal visits in attempt to be given back his deposit. This broker is not suffering from lack of communication... he is suffering from some sort of financial (maybe contract) skullduggery; being continuously perpetrated and manipulated for some currently unknown reason. If he is an associate of yours, maybe you can speak with him to help figure out his incorrect actions.

The broker is lucky that 89 still holds a calm attitude. If it were me being taken advantage of in this way... well let's just say... this broker would not be a happy person - at all. And, I'd enjoy making him very unhappy; which makes me a somewhat dangerous adversary when taken advantage of, in a manner such as this.

I wish the best for 89 and hope to soon hear good news regarding full refund.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:55 AM   #120
Art
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwash View Post
Naw, I wouldn't start that. We have a victim here who is currently out 9 grand. Start poking a stick in the hornets nest and broker boy says "screw it, sue me." Let it play out a bit. Things are going on in the background.
Very Much Agreed!

Fine to chat here, helping 89 get through this by placing suggestions... not correct (yet) for vigilante social contact into an arena to which we have no place or rights to join.