• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: Off the market-1981 32 ft Outer Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
We are looking to try and move up a little bit .
Make: Outer Reef
Length: 32 ft
Beam : 12 ft
Draft : 3' 6"
Engine :perkins 6.354 NA
Gen: Westerbeke 7.5K
400 gal fuel capacity
100 gal water
25 gal holding
Last bottom job 2016
Boat is in fresh water and kept undercover.
$45,000

Attachments

• IMG_3205.jpg
    IMG_3205.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Bottom job 10/16 . Two coats of epoxy barrier coat, two coats bottom paint and new boot strip . Picture is after barrier coat and before bottom paint and boot strip .
Large aft covered deck .

Attachments

• IMG_2344.jpg
    IMG_2344.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_2785.jpg
    IMG_2785.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
Marty: How about a few pictures of the new teak (doors and cap rail), custom davits and varnish job you and Joy did? Good luck on the sale and the new boat.

Love that huge back deck and ceiling fan.

New teak doors , caprails ,bow pulpit ,custom anchor roller and self draining bulkhead for fenders and anchor rode while drying out .
Couple helm area pics and custom davits .

Attachments

• IMG_2779.jpg
    IMG_2779.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_3326.jpg
    IMG_3326.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_3197.jpg
    IMG_3197.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_3178.jpg
    IMG_3178.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_3187.jpg
    IMG_3187.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_2933.JPG
    IMG_2933.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 276
I see pics with an AC unit on the wheel house and also without? Which is it or am I missing something? More pics please. Sleeping quarters? Galley?

The rooftop ac is on starboard side .
Sorry there is no galley on this rig only sink with hot and cold pressure water and small refrigerator in wheelhouse .
Large v berth with head/ shower combo . All of this area has also been reworked recently.

Attachments

• IMG_2444.jpg
    IMG_2444.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_2706.jpg
    IMG_2706.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_2724.jpg
    IMG_2724.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 244
Really nice boat! One of my TF favs, Marty has done a great job improving this sled. Good luck with sale! Can't wait to see whats next??

Damn nice boat. If I wasn't looking to downsize I'd be considering ....

1981 32 ft Outer Reef

The rooftop ac is on starboard side .

Sorry there is no galley on this rig only sink with hot and cold pressure water and small refrigerator in wheelhouse .

Large v berth with head/ shower combo . All of this area has also been reworked recently.

That covered back deck is so big you could put a bar out there with a built in gas grill/flattop.

Thanks guys . It's a fun boat . We're thinking we need more indoor living space.

Last edited:
Pics from yesterday
Walk through door to engine room
Engine room : new hot water heater and onboard air compressor
Perkins 135 NA
Hydraulic steering

Attachments

• IMG_3413.jpg
    IMG_3413.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_3414.jpg
    IMG_3414.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3415.jpg
    IMG_3415.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3417.jpg
    IMG_3417.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 191
More pics from yesterday.
V berth storage drawers on each side plus plenty of storage under v berth.There is also a decent hanging locker on starboard side. There are no tanks under v berth . The holding tank and water tanks are under the aft deck.
New grated teak towel storage in head.
Looking aft from v berth toward helm.
Helm
Sorry she's not trailerable
8 ft walker way included

Attachments

• IMG_3419.jpg
    IMG_3419.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_3420.jpg
    IMG_3420.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_3422.jpg
    IMG_3422.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3423.jpg
    IMG_3423.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_2296.jpg
    IMG_2296.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_3425.jpg
    IMG_3425.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 159
Thanks guys . It's a fun boat . We're thinking we need more indoor living space.

Love your boat, but understand that a little more interior space would be nice..

Marty,
Are you looking for another 10 acres of teak for Joy to play with? After that she’ll be ready to do our boat eh?

Seriously I can relate. And if you find the right boat that’s the right size all things will be well. But swap’in boats is a minefield. Have you thought of extending your cabin aft. With your skills that’s a natural thought. But if you buy another boat make it one like William. One that’s had most all things fixed and lots of upgrades. Best of luck to you and Joy.

Marty,
Are you looking for another 10 acres of teak for Joy to play with? After that she’ll be ready to do our boat eh?

Seriously I can relate. And if you find the right boat that’s the right size all things will be well. But swap’in boats is a minefield. Have you thought of extending your cabin aft. With your skills that’s a natural thought. But if you buy another boat make it one like William. One that’s had most all things fixed and lots of upgrades. Best of luck to you and Joy.
Eric it's funny that you mentioned extending the cabin aft because I was thinking that this morning myself , but I've thought about it several times.
Two things would have to happen, first is I would want a NA to design the new living spaces. This is not something I'm good at. I don't have what it takes to design seating and cabinets where the space is user friendly and comfortable. I can build it if I have something good to go off of. I've spent a bunch of time building stuff that I'm not happy with the final result. Second thing is I would want to lower the entire roof on the aft cabin extention, if not I think it would look too boxy.There is a third item , I would have to convince Joy we could do the work and be happy with the result.

But you’re a can do guy Marty.
For seat proportions ect it’s well documented in numerous books ect. TAD would know where to find.
IMO the cabin would look fine/great if it were not too long.
How you getting on w the Trinka?

But you’re a can do guy Marty.
For seat proportions ect it’s well documented in numerous books ect. TAD would know where to find.
IMO the cabin would look fine/great if it were not too long.
How you getting on w the Trinka?
I've done all I'm gonna do to the Trinka . I just slapped a 5/8" thick piece of sacrificial teak to outside and called it done , no bungs and no varnish.
The Trinka is not part of the sale but could help with negotiations if it gets that far .

Attachments

• IMG_2874.jpg
    IMG_2874.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 115
The holding tank and pump out is under this teak hatch as far aft as you can get , where it needs to be .
Dickinson Spitfire grill on custom stand .

Attachments

• IMG_3426.jpg
    IMG_3426.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_3427.jpg
    IMG_3427.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 143
Marty,
My Point Defiance has a nice fat gunnel but it’s red cedar. Nice and light. The whole boat seems light. I kinda like your floorboards but they take up room. See in the pic underway she trims nicely w no ballast fwd. one would think she’d be dead slow w her upturned stern but she gets right along. Your Trinka looks fuller in the bow and a little slacker aft. Probably easier to row. From the original boat over 100 yesrs ago she was widened aft. That probably explains her ability to move along trimed out. Love this boat.

Attachments

• FFFAF3B7-C604-4D4B-9AE4-8A12BA06648D.jpg
    FFFAF3B7-C604-4D4B-9AE4-8A12BA06648D.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 020C08B3-F0F3-4D52-83F9-356A68D0A7D4.jpg
    020C08B3-F0F3-4D52-83F9-356A68D0A7D4.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 155
Simple , strong reliable anchor system with chain/line combo .
Five large cockpit scuppers
Anchor shade
Ready to go

Attachments

• IMG_3029.JPG
    IMG_3029.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_3390.jpg
    IMG_3390.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3041.jpg
    IMG_3041.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3088.JPG
    IMG_3088.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 184
She's listed now with our own " Daddyo " now at The Grace Yachting Group .

Attachments

• IMG_3090.JPG
    IMG_3090.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 175
Really interesting, well maintained boat at a great price. Good luck with the sale!

A little bump

Attachments

• 8080E02A-92C9-4CFB-A506-75C59D69AC76.jpg
    8080E02A-92C9-4CFB-A506-75C59D69AC76.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 106
Off the market . Changed our plans and gonna keep the boat. Still a bunch of projects left to do. Actually enough to keep me busy for a long long time .

Marty, you've done so much fine work on that boat. I'm glad to hear you'll be keeping William.

Woohoo! I'm pleased! Your boat rocks. Plus, didn't you just replace the AC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom