• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Other: A New Boating Publication Is Born

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capn Chuck

Guru
We are very excited to share our news with all of our friends. Susan and I have worked hard the last year compiling and completing our first book, after many years of research. The Great Book Of Anchorages is an anchorage guide that covers Hampton Roads to Key West and includes the St. Johns River. This is a brand new format unlike any other currently published. It's not another cruising guide, but strictly an anchorage guide. This will be the first of 6 publications we plan to finish in the near future. We leave in December for the Bahamas to research that area. We're currently working on the books website and hope to have it up and running in about a week. The book can be purchased through the new website when it's finished. For details, visit our Facebook link:
https://www.facebook.com/TheGreatBookOfAnchorages

This is the first in a series of books so stay tuned! Susan and Chuck

Last edited:
Nice job Chuck! If you're book is as good as your blog, I am sure you will have a lot of success with it. I'll be standing in line to buy your Northwest Puget Sound and British Columbia version after the Bahamas. HAHA.

BTW, your blog was very helpful with your detailed info on oil changes etc..... thank you for the time you spent to post that.

Good Luck guys!

Well thank you. I know many of the members here are in the PNW. We have already had a few friends ask us to come and cover that area. You just never know. Chuck

I have a book here of that type. Anchorages and Marine Parks by Peter Vass.
I agree on the concept of the book. I used my i-pad w the Navamatics app for scouting anchorages while underway and not sacrificing my navigational responsibilities in front of my face.
Anyway a lot of the cruise guides are more interested in telling you about the menus of restaurants, how clean the rest rooms are and the attitudes of the dock attendants at the resorts than where to anchor, what the bottom's like and about hazards to navigation. There's a remote chance the prior may be more interesting than the latter but as an operator of a boat I'm going to need and want to know the latter.
I read the Hemmingway cruise guides mostly for the anchoring information.
Are you doing bottom observations or testing of any kind?

MB, You comments are exactly why we chose the format we are using for the book. It's pretty unique compared to others. Not sure what your asking about observations or testing. Bottom types are noted for the individual anchorages. We're not interested in any technical details, simply what the average boater like ourselves needs to know in order to determine if an anchorage will be suitable for their purposes. Chuck

In addition, a lot of hazzards might not be there next week, next month or next year. And new ones might be there that popped up after going to press. Charts should show the more permanent ones though, or we hope so.

Congrats on your new publication Chuck. I'll take a copy, since my Admiral and I will likely be exploring the ICW this next year in precisely the same areas your book covers.

Thanks. I'll post here as soon as the website is live. I hope it will only be a day or two. We have a special introductory price. Chuck

Sounds like a great idea for a cruising guide. From one new start up idea to another, I hope it works out well for you!

I just realized that I said I would post when the website went live. Well it's been live for a while and the response has been fantastic. We have sold lots of books and the boaters are responding with their comments. We have photo galleries and interactive maps showing many anchorages. Users comments can be seen on the News/Updates tab. Thanks to all the TF members for your words of support. The Great Book of Anchorages . Chuck

Could you publish a sample review so we can see what is in the book? I couldn't find it on your website.

David

David, There are articles and information on anchoring but the majority of the book is the chartlets and anchoring information pages. On the home page there is an image of the pages and if you click on it you can see an enlarged photo. There are about 540 anchorages and free docks displayed in these pages. The home page also give a description of the contents of the book. I can answer any other questions you might have. Thanks. Chuck

Capn Chuck:

Could you post the text of those three anchorage reviews on the home page of your website. I can't read them.

David

Capn Chuck, your web site has dauphin island labeled Mississippi. It's actually in Alabama. That only leaves Cat island as the lone representative of Mississippi? Man if you ever make it here your going to rewrite your book.

Thanks swampu, Your correct on the photo label. I guess we were thinking Mississippi Sound, which is where it is, We have been in that area a few times, the trips are posted on our Sea Trek site. But the Gulf Coast edition of the anchorages books won't be done until the end of 2013 or the beginning of 2014 when we can get back and research it. The Bahamas will be early next year, then the Chesapeake, followed by the inland waterways of the Great Loop and then the Gulf coast. Thanks for the catch. The photo on the interactive map for the gulf coast is in the right place. Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom