Old 07-20-2018, 09:37 AM   #1

City: Oak Island, NC
Navigator 44 or 46 in the east

I've never posted here before but been a TF member for a while and have read through thousands of helpful posts. This is a great forum!
We've also been searching for our next boat for the past 6 months. We really like the Navigators and have them on our short list but they're not so common in the eastern half of the country. Does anyone have or know of a 44 or 46 on the east side of the Mississippi that might be for sale? A 48 is also a possibility if it is a 2004 or later and it's a 2 cabin (not 3) layout. Looking for something that's not already listed of YachtWorld or Boat Trader. Thanks!

Woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:05 AM   #2
Guru

City: Cary, NC
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic
I can't give you any tips on finding unlisted Gators. We have a 42 and are always "aware" of other Navigators in the area since they are more of a west coast boat (built in Perris, CA). What I can tell you is the 44 and 46 sizes are kinda the "oddballs" of the fleet (well, our 42 is too... we have the only example of a 42' made during our model year). Anyway, as you have probably discovered in your search, 44s and 46s are pretty rare. You might be better off to go ahead and jump on a 48 if you find a good example in your area. If memory serves (Bess, help me out here) there was recently a 44 for sale in New Bern, however, I believe it sold.

You could join the NW Navigator Yacht Owners Forum on Facebook. And yes, by the name, you would think they are all in the NW, but there are plenty of us Easties on there as well. They might be able to spot one for you.

And as a side note, I never knew the 2 versus 3 bedroom layout was even an option. I learnt me sumptin' today. YAY!

Good luck.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:58 PM   #3
Guru

City: Cary NC
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 42'
The 44' in New Bern did sell, probably six months ago. There is a 48' in Wilmington on the market now that you may have already looked at. I love our 42' for sure. It's the perfect size for our boating. But I do envy the cockpit on those 48's.
Besslb is online now   Reply With Quote